5.4.3 Communications Principles Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 5 quiz exam answers
1. What is the purpose of the OSI physical layer?
- controlling access to media
- transmitting bits across the local media
- performing error detection on received frames
- exchanging frames between nodes over physical network media
2. Which statement is correct about network protocols?
- Network protocols define the type of hardware that is used and how it is mounted in racks.
- They define how messages are exchanged between the source and the destination.
- They all function in the network access layer of TCP/IP.
- They are only required for exchange of messages between devices on remote networks.
3. Which three acronyms/initialisms represent standards organizations? (Choose three.)
4. What networking term describes a particular set of rules at one layer that govern communication at that layer?
- error checking
5. Which layer of the OSI model defines services to segment and reassemble data for individual communications between end devices?
6. What is the purpose of protocols in data communications?
- specifying the bandwidth of the channel or medium for each type of communication
- specifying the device operating systems that will support the communication
- providing the rules required for a specific type of communication to occur
- dictating the content of the message sent during communication
7. Which term refers to the set of rules that define how a network operates?
8. Which three layers of the OSI model make up the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- data link
9. Which organization publishes and manages the Request for Comments (RFC) documents?
10. Which two OSI model layers have the same functionality as a single layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose two.)
- data link