2.4.3 Network Components, Types, and Questions Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 2 quiz exam answers
1. What type of network is defined by two computers that can both send and receive requests for resources?
2. What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
- They originate the data that flows through the network.
- They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
- They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
- They are the interface between humans and the communication network.
- They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
3. A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
- cell modem
- cable modem
4. What type of internet connection would be best for a residence in a remote area without mobile phone coverage or wired connectivity?
5. Which term correctly describes the function of an ISP?
- responsible for managing local networks
- responsible for the maintenance of SOHO networks
- responsible for providing the link between a private network and the internet.
- responsible for providing security on private networks
6. Which device is an intermediary device?
- smart device
7. Which scenario describes a peer-to-peer network?
- Users access shared files from a file server.
- A user visits a webpage on the company web site.
- A user has shared a printer attached to the workstation.
- Users print documents from a network printer that has a built-in NIC.
8. Which term is used to describe a network device with the primary function of providing information to other devices?
9. What is an advantage of the peer-to-peer network model?
- high level of security
- ease of setup
- centralized administration
10. What is a characteristic of a peer-to-peer application?
- Each device using the application provides a user interface and runs a background service.
- Each device can act both as a client and a server, but not simultaneously.
- The resources required for the application are centralized.
- One device is designated a server and one device is designated a client for all communications and services.