4.5.3 Build a Home Network Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 4 quiz exam answers
1. Which type of wireless communication is based on 802.11 standards?
- Cellular WAN
2. What wireless router configuration would stop outsiders from using your home network?
- IP address
- router location
- network name
3. What type of device is commonly connected to the Ethernet switch ports on a home wireless router?
- DSL modem
- cable modem
- wireless antenna
- LAN device
4. Which type of network technology is used for low-speed communication between peripheral devices?
5. What can be used to allow visitor mobile devices to connect to a wireless network and restrict access of those devices to only the internet?
- MAC address filtering
- guest SSID
6. What purpose would a home user have for implementing Wi-Fi?
- to hear various radio stations
- to connect a keyboard to a PC
- to connect wireless headphones to a mobile device
- to create a wireless network usable by other devices
7. What is another term for the internet port of a wireless router?
- WAN port
- LAN port
- local port
- switch port
8. Which type of network cable consists of 4 pairs of twisted wires?
- category 5e
- Ethernet over powerline
- fiber optic
9. What is the default SSID Broadcast setting on a wireless router?
10. Which is a characteristic of the network SSID?
- It is case sensitive.
- It contains exactly 16 characters.
- It is encrypted by default.
- It is only required for guest access.