Network Defense Module 9.3.2 Technologies and Protocols Quiz Questions Exam Answers
1. How do cybercriminals make use of a malicious iFrame?
- The iFrame allows the browser to load a web page from another source.
- The attacker embeds malicious content in business appropriate files.
- The attacker redirects traffic to an incorrect DNS server.
- The iFrame allows multiple DNS subdomains to be used.
2. In which way does the use of HTTPS increase the security monitoring challenges within enterprise networks?
- HTTPS traffic is much faster than HTTP traffic.
- HTTPS traffic enables end-to-end encryption.
- HTTPS traffic does not require authentication.
- HTTPS traffic can carry a much larger data payload than HTTP can carry.
3. Which network service synchronizes the time across all devices on the network?
4. Which type of server daemon accepts messages sent by network devices to create a collection of log entries?
5. What port number would be used if a threat actor was using NTP to direct DDoS attacks?
6. Which protocol is used to send e-mail messages between two servers that are in different e-mail domains?
7. What type of server can threat actors use DNS to communicate with?
8. Which type of server would support the SMTP, POP, and IMAP protocols?
9. What method allows VPN traffic to remain confidential?
10. To facilitate the troubleshooting process, which inbound ICMP message should be permitted on an outside interface?
- echo request
- echo reply
- time-stamp request
- time-stamp reply
- router advertisement
11. Which statement describes the function provided by the Tor network?
- It distributes user packets through load balancing.
- It allows users to browse the Internet anonymously.
- It conceals packet contents by establishing end-to-end tunnels.
- It manipulates packets by mapping IP addresses between two networks.
12. How can NAT/PAT complicate network security monitoring if NetFlow is being used?
- It changes the source and destination MAC addresses.
- It conceals the contents of a packet by encrypting the data payload.
- It disguises the application initiated by a user by manipulating port numbers.
- It hides internal IP addresses by allowing them to share one or a few outside IP addresses.
13. A cyberanalyst is reviewing an entry-point ACL. What three types of ICMP traffic should be allowed to access an internal network from the internet? (Choose three.)
- time exceeded
- destination unreachable
14. A company decides to purchase a device capable of managing load balancing so that traffic will be distributed between their servers. What could be a potential problem using the new device on the network?
- It will require the purchase of more servers so that existing servers are not overwhelmed.
- The LBM probe messages may appear as suspicious traffic.
- The traffic will require more bandwidth to send to multiple servers.
- All links to redundant servers will require encrypted tunneling protocols.
- It will cause extra traffic going to a server resource that is not available.