0 of 54 questions completed
Good luck for you!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 54 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsWhich term refers to a network that provides secure access to the corporate offices by suppliers, customers and collaborators?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe term Internet refers to the worldwide collection of connected networks. Intranet refers to a private connection of LANs and WANS that belong to an organization and is designed to be accessible to the members of the organization, employees, or others with authorization. Extranets provide secure and safe access to suppliers, customers, and collaborators. Extendednet is not a type of network.
2. Question1 pointsA small business user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to configure the switch but receives the error message that is displayed in the exhibit. What is the problem?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn order to enter global configuration mode, the command configure terminal, or a shortened version such as config t, must be entered from privileged EXEC mode. In this scenario the administrator is in user EXEC mode, as indicated by the > symbol after the hostname. The administrator would need to use the enable command to move into privileged EXEC mode before entering the configure terminal command.
4. Question1 pointsWhich keys act as a hot key combination that is used to interrupt an IOS process?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe Cisco IOS provides both hot keys and shortcuts for configuring routers and switches. The Ctrl-Shift-6 hot key combination is used to interrupt an IOS process, such as a ping or traceroute. Ctrl-Z is used to exit the configuration mode. Ctrl-C aborts the current command. Ctrl-Shift-X has no IOS function.
5. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator uses Telnet to connect to the switch, which password is needed to access user EXEC mode?CorrectIncorrect
HintTelnet accesses a network device through the virtual interface configured with the line VTY command. The password configured under this is required to access the user EXEC mode. The password configured under the line console 0 command is required to gain entry through the console port, and the enable and enable secret passwords are used to allow entry into the privileged EXEC mode.
6. Question1 pointsA network administrator enters the service passwordencryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?CorrectIncorrect
7. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of the SVI on a Cisco switch?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe SVI is a virtual, not physical, interface that provides remote access to the switch. It does not impact Layer 4 nor does it enhance switching between switch ports on the switch.
8. Question1 pointsWhich message delivery option is used when all devices need to receive the same message simultaneously?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen all devices need to receive the same message simultaneously, the message would be delivered as a broadcast. Unicast delivery occurs when one source host sends a message to one destination host. The sending of the same message from a host to a group of destination hosts is multicast delivery. Duplex communications refers to the ability of the medium to carry messages in both directions.
9. Question1 pointsWhich two protocols function at the internet layer? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintICMP and IP both function at the internet layer, whereas PPP is a network access layer protocol, and POP and BOOTP are application layer protocols.
10. Question1 pointsWhat PDU is associated with the transport layer?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe PDU for the transport layer is called a segment. Packets, frames, and bits are PDUs for the network, data link, and physical layers respectively.
11. Question1 pointsWhat is done to an IP packet before it is transmitted over the physical medium?CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen messages are sent on a network, the encapsulation process works from the top of the OSI or TCP/IP model to the bottom. At each layer of the model, the upper layer information is encapsulated into the data field of the next protocol. For example, before an IP packet can be sent, it is encapsulated in a data link frame at Layer 2 so that it can be sent over the physical medium.
12. Question1 pointsWhat type of communication medium is used with a wireless LAN connection?CorrectIncorrect
HintA wired LAN connection commonly uses UTP. A wireless LAN connection uses radio waves.
13. Question1 pointsIn addition to the cable length, what two factors could interfere with the communication carried over UTP cables? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintCopper media is widely used in network communications. However, copper media is limited by distance and signal interference. Data is transmitted on copper cables as electrical pulses. The electrical pulses are susceptible to interference from two sources: Electromagnetic interference (EMI) or radio frequency interference (RFI) – EMI and RFI signals can distort and corrupt the data signals being carried by copper media. Crosstalk – Crosstalk is a disturbance caused by the electric or magnetic fields of a signal on one wire interfering with the signal in an adjacent wire.
14. Question1 pointsWhat are the two sublayers of the OSI model data link layer? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe data link layer of the OSI model is divided into two sublayers: the Media Access Control (MAC) sublayer and the Logical Link Control (LLC) sublayer.
15. Question1 pointsA technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe mesh topology provides high availability because every node is connected to all other nodes. Mesh topologies can be found in WANs. A partial mesh topology can also be used where some, but not all, end points connect to one another.
16. Question1 pointsWhat type of communication rule would best describe CSMA/CD?CorrectIncorrect
17. Question1 pointsIf data is being sent over a wireless network, then connects to an Ethernet network, and eventually connects to a DSL connection, which header will be replaced each time the data travels through a network infrastructure device?CorrectIncorrect
HintBecause each data link layer protocol controls how the device accesses the media, the data link information must be removed and re-attached. Even if a packet is going from one Ethernet network to another Ethernet network, the data link layer information is replaced.
18. Question1 pointsWhat best describes the destination IPv4 address that is used by multicasting?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe destination multicast IPv4 address is a group address, which is a single IP multicast address within the Class D range.
19. Question1 pointsIn an Ethernet network, when a device receives a frame of 1200 bytes, what will it do?CorrectIncorrect
HintEthernet standards define the minimum frame as 64 bytes and a maximum of 1518 bytes. A frame less than 64 bytes is considered a “collision fragment” or “runt frame” and is automatically discarded by receiving devices. A frame greater than 1500 is considered a “baby giant”. A 1200 byte frame is within the normal range so it would be processed as is.
20. Question1 pointsWhat important information is examined in the Ethernet frame header by a Layer 2 device in order to forward the data onward?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe Layer 2 device, such as a switch, uses the destination MAC address to determine which path (interface or port) should be used to send the data onward to the destination device.
21. Question1 pointsWhat will a Layer 2 switch do when the destination MAC address of a received frame is not in the MAC table?CorrectIncorrect
HintA Layer 2 switch determines how to handle incoming frames by using its MAC address table. When an incoming frame contains a destination MAC address that is not in the table, the switch forwards the frame out all ports, except for the port on which it was received.
22. Question1 pointsWhat are two features of ARP? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintWhen a node encapsulates a data packet into a frame, it needs the destination MAC address. First it determines if the destination device is on the local network or on a remote network. Then it checks the ARP table (not the MAC table) to see if a pair of IP address and MAC address exists for either the destination IP address (if the destination host is on the local network) or the default gateway IP address (if the destination host is on a remote network). If the match does not exist, it generates an ARP broadcast to seek the IP address to MAC address resolution. Because the destination MAC address is unknown, the ARP request is broadcast with the MAC address FFFF.FFFF.FFFF. Either the destination device or the default gateway will respond with its MAC address, which enables the sending node to assemble the frame. If no device responds to the ARP request, then the originating node will discard the packet because a frame cannot be created.
23. Question1 pointsWhich two services are required to enable a computer to receive dynamic IP addresses and access the Internet using domain names? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
24. Question1 pointsWhat is a basic characteristic of the IP protocol?CorrectIncorrect
HintInternet Protocol (IP) is a network layer protocol that does not require initial exchange of control information to establish an end-to-end connection before packets are forwarded. Thus, IP is connectionless and does not provide reliable end-to-end delivery by itself. IP is media independent. User data segmentation is a service provided at the transport layer.
25. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. A user issues the command netstat –r on a workstation. Which IPv6 address is one of the link-local addresses of the workstation?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn the IPv6 address scheme, the network of fe80::/10 is reserved for link-local addresses. The address fe80::/64 is a network address that indicates, in this workstation, fe80::/64 is actually used for link-local addresses. Thus the address fe80::30d0:115:3f57:fe4c/128 is a valid IPv6 link-local address.
26. Question1 pointsWhat is the valid most compressed format possible of the IPv6 address 2001:0DB8:0000:AB00:0000:0000:0000:1234?CorrectIncorrect
HintThere are two rules defining how an IPv6 address can be compressed. The first rule states that leading zeros in a hextet can be eliminated. The second rule states that a single :: can be used to represent one or more contiguous all zero hextets. There can be one and only one :: in an IPv6 address.
27. Question1 pointsAt a minimum, which address is required on IPv6-enabled interfaces?CorrectIncorrect
HintAll IPv6 enabled interfaces must at minimum have a link-local address. Other IPv6 addresses can be assigned to the interface as required.
28. Question1 pointsAn IPv6 enabled device sends a data packet with the destination address of FF02::2. What is the target of this packet?CorrectIncorrect
HintFF02::2 identifies all IPv6 routers that exist on the link or network. FF02::1 is the target for all IPv6 enabled devices on the link or network.
29. Question1 pointsWhat is the purpose of ICMP messages?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe purpose of ICMP messages is to provide feedback about issues that are related to the processing of IP packets.
30. Question1 pointsWhich statement describes a characteristic of the traceroute utility?CorrectIncorrect
HintTraceroute is a utility that generates a list of hops (or routers) along the path from a source host to the destination host.
31. Question1 pointsWhat is the usable number of host IP addresses on a network that has a /26 mask?CorrectIncorrect
HintA /26 mask is the same as 255.255.255.192. The mask leaves 6 host bits. With 6 host bits, 64 IP addresses are possible. One address represents the subnet number and one address represents the broadcast address, which means that 62 addresses can then be used to assign to network devices.
32. Question1 pointsRefer to the exhibit. An administrator must send a message to everyone on the router A network. What is the broadcast address for network 172.16.16.0/22?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe 172.16.16.0/22 network has 22 bits in the network portion and 10 bits in the host portion. Converting the network address to binary yields a subnet mask of 255.255.252.0. The range of addresses in this network will end with the last address available before 172.16.20.0. Valid host addresses for this network range from 172.16.16.1-172.16.19.254, making 172.16.19.255 the broadcast address.
33. Question1 pointsGiven IPv6 address prefix 2001:db8::/48, what will be the last subnet that is created if the subnet prefix is changed to /52?CorrectIncorrect
HintPrefix 2001:db8::/48 has 48 network bits. If we subnet to a /52, we are moving the network boundary four bits to the right and creating 16 subnets. The first subnet is 2001:db8::/52 the last subnet is 2001:db8:0:f000::/52.
34. Question1 pointsA technician with a PC is using multiple applications while connected to the Internet. How is the PC able to keep track of the data flow between multiple application sessions and have each application receive the correct packet flows?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe source port number of an application is randomly generated and used to individually keep track of each session connecting out to the Internet. Each application will use a unique source port number to provide simultaneous communication from multiple applications through the Internet.
35. Question1 pointsWhat three services are provided by the transport layer? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe transport layer is responsible for tracking digital conversations between a source application and a destination application through the use of port numbers. Two protocols that operate at the transport layer are TCP and UDP. TCP can provide reliability by establishing a connection, maintaining flow control, and error recovery.
36. Question1 pointsAn Internet television transmission is using UDP. What happens when part of the transmission is not delivered to the destination?CorrectIncorrect
HintMost streaming services, such as Internet television, use UDP as the transport layer protocol. These transmissions can tolerate some transmission failures, and no failure messages or retransmissions are required. Such control measures would create noticeable disruption to the flow of data.
37. Question1 pointsWhich two OSI model layers are considered to be included in the top layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintThe top three OSI model layers are included in the top layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack. These top three OSI model layers include the application, presentation, and session layers
38. Question1 pointsAn author is uploading one chapter document from a personal computer to a file server of a book publisher. What role is the personal computer assuming in this network model?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn the client/server network model, a network device assumes the role of server in order to provide a particular service such as file transfer and storage. The device requesting the service assumes the role of client. In the client/server network model, a dedicated server does not have to be used, but if one is present, the network model being used is the client/server model. In contrast, the peer-to-peer network model does not have a dedicated server.
39. Question1 pointsWhich two automatic addressing assignments are supported by DHCP? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
40. Question1 pointsWhen a network administrator is trying to manage network traffic on a growing network, when should traffic flow patterns be analyzed?CorrectIncorrect
HintPlanning for network growth requires knowledge of the types of traffic traveling on the network. Network administrators can use a protocol analyzer to identify the traffic on the network. To get the best representation of the different types of traffic, the network should be analyzed during peak utilization.
41. Question1 pointsWhat is the objective of a network reconnaissance attack?CorrectIncorrect
HintThe objective of a network reconnaissance attack is to discover information about a network, network systems, and network services.
42. Question1 pointsWhat will be the result of failed login attempts if the following command is entered into a router? login block-for 150 attempts 4 within 90CorrectIncorrect
HintThe components of the login block-for 150 attempts 4 within 90 command are as follows: The expression block-for 150 is the time in seconds that logins will be blocked. The expression attempts 4 is the number of failed attempts that will trigger the blocking of login requests. The expression within 90 is the time in seconds in which the 4 failed attempts must occur.
43. Question1 pointsWhich two statements correctly describe a router memory type and its contents? (Choose two.)CorrectIncorrect
HintROM is a nonvolatile memory and stores bootup instructions, basic diagnostic software, and a limited IOS. Flash is a nonvolatile memory used as permanent storage for the IOS and other system-related files. RAM is volatile memory and stores the IP routing table, IPv4 to MAC address mappings in the ARP cache, packets that are buffered or temporarily stored, the running configuration, and the currently running IOS. NVRAM is a nonvolatile memory that stores the startup configuration file.
44. Question1 pointsA user reports a lack of network connectivity. The technician takes control of the user machine and attempts to ping other computers on the network and these pings fail. The technician pings the default gateway and that also fails. What can be determined for sure by the results of these tests?CorrectIncorrect
HintIn networks today, a failed ping could mean that the other devices on the network are blocking pings. Further investigation such as checking network connectivity from other devices on the same network is warranted.
45. Question1 pointsFor Cisco IOS, which escape sequence allows terminating a traceroute operation?CorrectIncorrect
HintOnce a traceroute is initiated in the Cisco IOS, it can be stopped by issuing the Ctrl+Shift+6 escape sequence.
46. Question1 pointsMatch the phases to the functions during the boot up process of a Cisco router. (Not all options are used.)
- locale and load the Cisco IOS software
- locate and load the startup configuration file
- perform the POST and load the bootstrap program
- enter setup mode
- phase 2
- phase 3
- phase 1
HintThere are three major phases to the bootup process of a Cisco router: Perform the POST and load the bootstrap program. Locate and load the Cisco IOS software. Locate and load the startup configuration file If a startup configuration file cannot be located, the router will enter setup mode by displaying the setup mode prompt.
47. Question1 pointsWhat three blocks of addresses are defined by RFC 1918 for private network use? (Choose three.)CorrectIncorrect
HintRFC 1918, Address Allocation for Private Internets, defines three blocks of IPv4 address for private networks that should not be routable on the public Internet. 10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16
48. Question1 pointsA network administrator is variably subnetting a given block of IPv4 addresses. Which combination of network addresses and prefix lengths will make the most efficient use of addresses when the need is for 2 subnets capable of supporting 10 hosts and 1 subnet that can support 6 hosts?CorrectIncorrect
HintPrefix lengths of /28 and /29 are the most efficient to create subnets of 16 addresses (to support 10 hosts) and 8 addresses (to support 6 hosts), respectively. Addresses in one subnet must also not overlap into the range of another subnet.
49. Question1 pointsMatch the descriptions to the terms. (Not all options are used.)
- users interact with the operating system by typing commands
- enables the user to interact with the operating system by pointing and clicking
- the part of the OS that interacts directly with the device hardware
- the part of the operating system that interfaces with applications and the user
HintA GUI, or graphical user interface, allows the user to interact with the operating system by pointing and clicking at elements on the screen. A CLI, or command-line interface, requires users to type commands at a prompt in order to interact with the OS. The shell is the part of the operating system that is closest to the user. The kernel is the part of the operating system that interfaces with the hardware.
50. Question1 pointsMatch the requirements of a reliable network with the supporting network architecture. (Not all options are used.)
- Protect the network from unauthorized access.
- Provide redundant links and devices.
- Expand the network without degrading the service for existing users.
- match the type of communication with a specific priority
- Ensure that streaming data is provided over high speed links
- fault tolerance
51. Question1 pointsMatch the functions with the corresponding OSI layer. (Not all options are used.)
- HTTP and FTP
- end user program functionality
- common format
- dialog maintenance
- Application layer
- Application layer
- Presentation layer
- Presentation layer
- Session layer
52. Question1 pointsA network administrator enters the service password-encryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?CorrectIncorrect
53. Question1 pointsWhat subnet mask is required to support 512 subnets on networks 172.28.0.0/16?CorrectIncorrect
54. Question1 pointsA DHCP server is used to IP addresses dynamically to the hosts on a network. The address pool is configured with 10.29.244.0/25. There are 19 printers on this network that need to use reserve static IP addresses from the pool. How many IP address in the pool are left to be assign to other hosts?CorrectIncorrect