- Which statement about MPLS is true?
Show (Hide) Explanation/ReferenceMPLS operates at a layer that lies between traditional definitions of Layer 2 (data link layer) and Layer 3 (network layer), and thus is often referred to as a “layer 2.5” protocol.
- A. It operates in Layer 1.
- B. It operates between Layer 2 and Layer 3.*
- C. It operates in Layer 3.
- D. It operates in Layer 2.
- Which two statements about MPLS are true? (Choose two)
Show (Hide) Explanation/ReferenceMPLS supports IPv4, IPv6, IPX, AppleTalk at the network layer. MPLS supports Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI, ATM, FR, PPP at the link layer.
- A. It provides automatic authentication
- B. It can carry multiple protocols, including IPv4 and IPv6*
- C. It encapsulates all traffic in an IPv4 header
- D. It uses labels to separate and forward customer traffic*
- E. It tags customer traffic using 802.1q
MPLS uses label switching to forward packets over Ethernet. Labels are assigned to packets based on groupings or forwarding equivalence classes (FECs). The label is added between the Layer 2 and the Layer 3 header.
CCNA 200-125 Exam: MPLS Questions With Answers
Sep 19, 2018 Last Updated: Sep 21, 2018 CCNA v3.0 (200-125) No Comments
View all comments