CCNA 4 v6.0 (Connecting Networks v6) Chapter 2: Point-to-Point Connections: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which command can be used to view the cable type that is attached to a serial interface?
- Router(config)# show interfaces
- Router(config)# show controllers
- Router(config)# show ip interface
- Router(config)# show ip interface brief
2. Which serial 0/0/0 interface state will be shown if no serial cable is attached to the router, but everything else has been correctly configured and turned on?
- Serial 0/0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
- Serial 0/0/0 is down, line protocol is down
- Serial 0/0/0 is up (disabled)
- Serial 0/0/0 is up (looped)
- Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is down
- Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is up
3. Which is an advantage of using PPP on a serial link instead of HDLC?
- Fixed-size frames
- Higher speed transmission
- Option for authentication
- Option for session establishment
4. How does PPP interface with different network layer protocols?
- By encoding the information field in the PPP frame
- By negotiating with the network layer handler
- By specifying the protocol during link establishment through LCP
- By using separate NCPs
5. Which three are types of LCP frames used with PPP? (Choose three.)
- Link-acknowledgment frames
- Link-control frames
- Link-establishment frames
- Link-maintenance frames
- Link-negotiation frames
- Link-termination frames
6. Which protocol will terminate the PPP link after the exchange of data is complete?
7. Which three statements are true about PPP? (Choose three.)
- PPP can be used only between two Cisco devices.
- PPP can use synchronous and asynchronous circuits.
- PPP carries packets from several network layer protocols in LCPs.
- PPP is a default encapsulation of serial interfaces on Cisco routers.
- PPP uses LCPs to agree on format options such as authentication, compression, and error detection.
- PPP uses LCPs to establish, configure, and test the data link connection.
8. What PPP information will be displayed if a network engineer issues the show ppp multilink command on a Cisco router?
- The IP addresses of the link interfaces
- The link LCP and NCP status
- The queuing type on the link
- The serial interfaces participating in the multilink
9. A network engineer is monitoring an essential but poor-quality PPP WAN link that periodically shuts down. An examination of the interface configurations shows that the ppp quality 90 command has been issued. What action could the engineer take to reduce the frequency with which the link shuts down?
- Issue the command ppp quality 70.
- Issue the command ppp quality 100.
- Set the DCE interface to a lower clock rate.
- Use the bandwidth command to increase the bandwidth of the link.
10. In which situation would the use of PAP be preferable to the use of CHAP?
- When a network administrator prefers it because of ease of configuration
- When multilink PPP is used
- When plaintext passwords are needed to simulate login at the remote host
- When router resources are limited