CCNA 4 v6.0 (Connecting Networks v6) Chapter 5: Network Security and Monitoring: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which statement describes SNMP operation?
- A get request is used by the SNMP agent to query the device for data.
- A set request is used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device.
- An NMS periodically polls the SNMP agents that are residing on managed devices by using traps to query the devices for data.
- An SNMP agent that resides on a managed device collects information about the device and stores that information remotely in the MIB that is located on the NMS.
2. Which SNMP feature provides a solution to the main disadvantage of SNMP polling?
- SNMP community strings
- SNMP get messages
- SNMP set messages
- SNMP trap messages
3. When SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 is being used, which feature provides secure access to MIB objects?
- Community strings
- Message integrity
- Packet encryption
- Source validation
4. Which SNMP version uses weak community string-based access control and supports bulk retrieval?
5. A network administrator has issued the snmp-server user admin1 admin v3 encrypted auth md5 abc789 priv des 256 key99 command. What are two features of this command? (Choose two.)
- It adds a new user to the SNMP group.
- It allows a network administrator to configure a secret encrypted password on the SNMP server.
- It forces the network manager to log in to the agent to retrieve the SNMP messages.
- It restricts SNMP access to defined SNMP managers.
- It uses the MD5 authentication of the SNMP messages.
6. A network administrator issues two commands on a router:
R1(config)# snmp-server host 10.10.50.25 version 2c campus R1(config)# snmp-server enable traps
What can be concluded after the commands are entered?
- If an interface comes up, a trap is sent to the server.
- No traps are sent because the notification-types argument was not specified yet.
- The snmp-server enable traps command needs to be used repeatedly if a particular subset of trap types is desired.
- Traps are sent using the source IP address 10.10.50.25.
7. Which security feature should be enabled to prevent an attacker from overflowing the MAC address table of a switch?
- BPDU filter
- Port security
- Root guard
- Storm control
8. What protocol should be disabled to help mitigate VLAN hopping attacks?
9. What network attack seeks to create a DoS for clients by preventing them from being able to obtain a DHCP lease?
- CAM table attack
- DHCP spoofing attack
- DHCP starvation attack
- IP address spoofing
10. What represents a best practice concerning discovery protocols such as CDP and LLDP on network devices?
- Disable both protocols on all interfaces where they are not required.
- Enable CDP on edge devices and enable LLDP on interior devices.
- Use the default router settings for CDP and LLDP.
- Use the open standard LLDP rather than CDP.
11. Why is the SPAN feature necessary on today’s switches?
- Switches do not flood traffic on all ports; they switch traffic based on destination MAC address.
- Switches flood data traffic on all ports, overloading probes and traffic sniffers.
- Switches flood control traffic on all ports, overloading probes and traffic sniffers.
12. Which command should you use to verify the SPAN session?
- show monitor
- show monitor span
- show monitor span session
- show session