1. Which statement is true of laptop motherboards?
- They are interchangeable with most desktop motherboards.
- The form factor varies by manufacturer.
- They follow standard form factors so they can be interchanged easily.
- Most of them use the ATX form factor.
2. Which type of RAM modules are designed for the space limitations of laptops?
3. What is the maximum range of a Class 2 Bluetooth network?
- 2 meters
- 5 meters
- 10 meters
- 50 meters
4. What can be connected to a laptop VGA port?
- flash memory
- external DVD drive
5. Which statement is true about laptops?
- Most of the internal components that are designed for laptops cannot be used for desktops.
- Laptop motherboards have standard form factors.
- Laptops use fewer components than desktops use.
- Laptop CPUs do not use cooling devices.
6. A technician is planning to upgrade the RAM on a laptop. Which memory form factor would the technician require?
7. What are the two widths of internal hard drives in laptops? (Choose two.)
- 1.8 inches
- 2.5 inches
- 3.5 inches
- 5.25 inches
- 3.8 inches
8. Where is the integrated Wi-Fi antenna typically located in a laptop?
- on the keyboard
- on the system board
- integrated into the wireless card
- above the screen
9. Which wireless technology can be used to connect wireless headphones to a computer?
10. What is a characteristic of laptop motherboards?
- Laptop motherboards use the same form factors as desktop motherboards.
- Laptop motherboards are proprietary.
- Laptop motherboards use standard form factors.
- Laptop motherboard components are compatible with desktop motherboards.
11. Which technology provides laptops the ability to function on a cellular network?
- mobile hotspot
- 802.11 Wi-Fi
12. A technician has been asked to decide which laptop components should be cleaned on a monthly basis as part of a maintenance routine. What are two examples of components that should be included? (Choose two.)
- exterior case
- optical drive
13. Where is an integrated microphone normally located on a laptop?
- near the exterior on either side of the keyboard by the plastic frame
- by the exterior ports
- in the top of the display
- under the keyboard near the pointing device or touchpad
14. What are three common input devices found on laptops? (Choose three.)
- fingerprint reader
- web camera
- external monitor
- PS/2 keyboard
- AC power connector
15. An entrepreneur is opening a computer store in a small town and wants to display a few laptops in the store, but is concerned about security. What laptop feature might assist in addressing this issue?
- security slot
16. Refer to the exhibit. Which laptop component port is circled?
17. Refer to the exhibit. A laptop user realizes that the key that is shown in the exhibit is used when connecting a laptop to an external projector. What additional key on the laptop keyboard is normally required to make the image on the laptop screen display on the projector?
18. Refer to the exhibit. What does this symbol indicate when illuminated on a laptop?
- The laptop is connected to an external monitor or projector.
- The laptop battery is fully charged.
- The laptop can communicate with a Bluetooth wireless device.
- The laptop is in energy efficiency mode.
19. A technician is trying to configure an integrated cellular WAN adapter on a laptop. What is the first step the technician should take to configure the adapter?
- Uninstall the device driver in Device Manager.
- Run Windows Update.
- Download software from the cellular service provider.
- Ensure the device is enabled in the BIOS settings.
20. Which three steps must be completed to manually connect an Android or IOS device to a secured wireless network? (Choose three.)
- Input the authentication password.
- Enter the network SSID.
- Choose the correct security type.
- Set the IP address.
- Activate the Bluetooth antenna.
- Change the MAC address.
21. Which two procedures should be done before performing preventive maintenance on a laptop? (Choose two.)
- Attach any devices that are normally used as part of daily operations.
- Verify that all drivers are current.
- Ensure the BIOS is the latest version.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Remove the battery.
- Ensure the latest operating system updates have been applied.