1. What is the primary means for mitigating virus and Trojan horse attacks?
- blocking ICMP echo and echo-replies
- antisniffer software
- antivirus software
2. What three items are components of the CIA triad? (Choose three.)
3. Which security implementation will provide control plane protection for a network device?
- encryption for remote access connections
- NTP for consistent timestamps on logging messages
- routing protocol authentication
- AAA for authenticating management access
4. What threat intelligence group provides blogs and podcasts to help network security professionals remain effective and up-to-date?
5. Which section of a security policy is used to specify that only authorized individuals should have access to enterprise data?
- statement of scope
- identification and authentication policy
- acceptable use policy
- Internet access policy
- statement of authority
- campus access policy
6. What worm mitigation phase involves actively disinfecting infected systems?
7. With the evolution of borderless networks, which vegetable is now used to describe a defense-in-depth approach?
8. How does BYOD change the way in which businesses implement networks?
- BYOD provides flexibility in where and how users can access network resources.
- BYOD devices are more expensive than devices that are purchased by an organization.
- BYOD users are responsible for their own network security, thus reducing the need for organizational security policies.
- BYOD requires organizations to purchase laptops rather than desktops.
9. What functional area of the Cisco Network Foundation Protection framework uses protocols such as Telnet and SSH to manage network devices?
- management plane
- control plane
- data plane
- forwarding plane
10. What security tool allows a threat actor to hack into a wireless network and detect security vulnerabilities?
- Click fuzzers
11. What is the primary function of SANS?
- to maintain the Internet Storm Center
- to provide vendor neutral education products and career services
- to maintain the list of common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE)
- to foster cooperation and coordination in information sharing, incident prevention, and rapid reaction
12. What method can be used to mitigate ping sweeps?
- blocking ICMP echo and echo-replies at the network edge
- deploying antisniffer software on all network devices
- installing antivirus software on hosts
- using encrypted or hashed authentication protocols