Module 6.2.3 IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Quiz Answers
Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting – Module 6.2.3 IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Quiz Answers
1. Which two ICMPv6 messages are used during the Ethernet MAC address resolution process? (Choose two.)
- router solicitation
- router advertisement
- neighbor solicitation
- neighbor advertisement
- echo request
2. What address scope is used in the IPv6 frame to ensure that an IPv6 neighbor solicitation message would not be forwarded by routers?
- site-local scope
- link-local scope
- subnet-local scope
- interface-local scope
3. What type of data transmission does an IPv6 host use to send a neighbor solicitation message?
4. What type of Ethernet frame does an IPv6 host use to send a message in responding to an address resolution request?
5. How many messages are used in ICMPv6 neighbor discovery protocol?
6. Which protocol provides messages to support IPv6 address resolution?
7. Which OSI layer provides IPv6 neighbor discovery operation
- data link
8. Which method would an IPv6-enabled host using SLAAC employ to learn the address of the default gateway?
- router advertisement messages received from the link router
- neighbor solicitation messages sent to link neighbors
- neighbor advertisement messages received from link neighbors
- router solicitation messages received from the link router
9. Which message should an IPv6 host send in response to a request of its MAC address?
- router solicitation message
- neighbor solicitation message
- router advertisement message
- neighbor advertisement message
10. Which statement describes the neighbor solicitation and neighbor advertisement messages used in the IPv6 neighbor discovery protocol?
- They are used only between two routers.
- They are used only between two computers.
- They are used for messaging to all devices on the same network.
- They are used for device-to-device messaging and devices include both computers and routers.
11. IPv6 host A is sending a neighbor solicitation message to IPv6 host B on the same Ethernet network. What address type is used in the Destination MAC field of the Ethernet frame header?
- unicast MAC address
- anycast MAC address
- multicast MAC address
- broadcast MAC address
12. An IPv6 host needs to start communication with another IPv6 host. What is the first step that the sending host should do?
- Broadcast an ARP message to the network.
- Send a neighbor solicitation message to the destination host.
- Determine if the destination host is on the same IPv6 network.
- Send a neighbor advertisement message to the destination host.