Module 7.6.3 Cisco Switches and Routers Quiz Answers
Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting – Module 7.6.3 Cisco Switches and Routers Quiz Answers
1. A technician is setting up a network in a new room. What is the best device to use to connect the PCs to each other and to the rest of the LAN?
2. What is a characteristic of in-band device management?
- It uses a terminal emulation client.
- It is used for initial configuration or when a network connection is unavailable.
- It uses a direct connection to a console or AUX port.
- It is used to monitor and make configuration changes to a network device over a network connection.
3. Which advantage does the store-and-forward switching method have compared with the cut-through switching method?
- collision detecting
- frame error checking
- faster frame forwarding
- frame forwarding using IPv4 Layer 3 and 4 information
4. What are two functions of NVRAM? (Choose two.)
- to store the routing table
- to retain contents when power is removed
- to store the startup configuration file
- to contain the running configuration file
- to store the ARP table
5. Following default settings, what two tasks are performed first in the router boot sequence? (Choose two.)
- Perform the POST routine.
- Locate and load the startup-config file from NVRAM.
- Load the bootstrap program from ROM.
- Load the running-config file from RAM.
- Locate and load the operating system.
6. When a router is powered on, where will the router first search for a valid IOS image to load by default?
- flash memory
7. Which two requirements must always be met to use in-band management to configure a network device? (Choose two.)
- a direct connection to the console port
- a direct connection to the auxiliary port
- a terminal emulation client
- at least one network interface that is connected and operational
- Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access to the device
8. Which two files are loaded into RAM of a Cisco switch when it is booted? (Choose two.)
- routing table
- IOS image file
- file that contains customer settings
- startup configuration file
- running configuration file
9. A router boots and enters setup mode. What is the reason for this?
- The IOS image is corrupt.
- Cisco IOS is missing from flash memory.
- The configuration file is missing from NVRAM.
- The POST process has detected hardware failure.
10. Which two statements describe out-of-band network management? (Choose two.)
- does not require a physical connection
- uses Telnet, HTTP or SSH protocols
- used for initial device configuration
- used when network connectivity to the device is not available
- requires an active network connection to the device