We are a few short days away from completing the ICND1 part of the course. I hope you have the exam booked if you are doing the two-exam route.
Section 20 Tasks
- Take the exam below
- Review routing and ACLs
- Complete the static routes challenge lab below
- Read the ICND1 cram guide
- Spend 15 minutes on the subnetting.org website
Section 20 Exam
- _______ operates at the data plane and is a topology-driven proprietary switching mechanism that creates a forwarding table that is tied to the routing table (i.e., the control plane).
- CEF uses a _______ to make IP destination prefix-based switching decisions.
- The Link State routing protocol is a routing protocol that uses distance or hop count as its primary metric for determining the best forwarding path. True or false?
Section 20 Answers
Section 20 Lab – Static Routes
Connect three routers together with Serial or Ethernet connections:
- Configure the connections between the routers and ping
- Add Loopback addresses to the two spoke routers, as per the diagram
- Add a static route exit interface on the hub router for the 10.1.1.0/20 subnet
- Add a next-hop address for network 172.16.1.0/30
- Ping both networks
- Issue a show ip route 172.16.1.1 command and a show ip route 10.1.1.1 command
- Confirm that you have the exit interface and next hop listed
Solution Hints and Commands
- ip route <network> <mask> serial <int_name> command