17.2.3 Network Testing Utilities Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 17 quiz exam answers
1. What is a user trying to determine when issuing a ping 10.1.1.1 command on a PC?
- if the TCP/IP stack is functioning on the PC without putting traffic on the wire
- if there is connectivity with the destination device
- the path that traffic will take to reach the destination
- what type of device is at the destination
2. A user who is unable to connect to the file server contacts the help desk. The helpdesk technician asks the user to ping the IP address of the default gateway that is configured on the workstation. What is the purpose for this ping command?
- to obtain a dynamic IP address from the server
- to request that gateway forward the connection request to the file server
- to test that the host has the capability to reach hosts on other networks
- to resolve the domain name of the file server to its IP address
3. Which three pieces of information are revealed by the ipconfig command (without the /all switch)? (Choose three.)
- IP address
- DHCP server
- subnet mask
- default gateway
- DNS server
- MAC address
4. Which command is used to test network connectivity and provide a response to each packet received by the remote host?
5. Which command line utility is used to display active network connections on a PC?
- ipconfig /all
6. A user needs to find the MAC address on the host PC. Which command line utility can be used to display this information?
- ipconfig /all
7. A user is able to ping www.cisco.com by its IP address but cannot browse to www.cisco.com in a browser. What is the possible cause?
- The IP address of the source PC is wrong.
- The IP address of the gateway is wrong.
- The DHCP server is not configured correctly.
- The DNS server is not working.
8. A technician troubleshooting a network problem has used CLI commands to determine that a computer has not been allocated a correct IP address from the DHCP server. Which command can the technician use to solve this problem?
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
9. Which command line utility is used to test connectivity to other IP hosts?
10. Match the command line utility with its function.