1. Which two actions should a technician take if illegal content, such as child pornography, is discovered on the hard drive of a customer computer? (Choose two.)
- Contact a first responder.*
- Confront the customer immediately.
- Shut down the computer until authorities arrive.
- Document as much information as possible.*
- Remove and destroy the hard drive.
2. What is the definition of cyber law?
- a single law defining criminal acts that are committed online
- a contract that defines expectations between and organization and IT service vendors for an agreed upon level of support
- the process of collecting and analyzing data from computer systems, networks, wireless communications, and storage devices
- the collection of international, country, and local laws that affect computer security professionals*
3. When performing computer forensics, what can be prevented with a properly and carefully documented chain of custody?
- identity theft
- copying of copyrighted materials
- evidence tampering*
- cyber crime
4. During the process of troubleshooting, a technician gains access to customer private information. What is expected that the technician do with this information?
- Send this information to the manager of the customer.
- Back up the information just in case the customer needs it some day.
- Document all information in a log file.
- Send this information to the technician manager.
- Keep it confidential.*
Refer to the exhibit. During the troubleshooting of software that is installed on a computer system, a level one technician requires help from a level two technician. The file shown in the exhibit must be sent to the level two technician. How should the level one technician deliver this file?
- Send the file as it is to the level two technician.
- Deliver the file in printed format only.
- Replace all passwords in the file with before emailing the file and then supply the passwords by secure means, if required.*
- This file should not be shared with the level two technician.
6. What are two sections that are usually included in an SLA? (Choose two.)
- supported equipment and software*
- home contact information of the technician
- service provider part suppliers
- time of service availability*
- contact information of other clients
7. Which two rules pertain to the general daily activities of employees in a call center environment? (Choose two.)
- The technician should contact the customer if the technician is going to be late for a follow-up appointment.*
- The technician should adjust the work chair to a height that is high enough so that wrists angle downwards toward the keyboard.
- The technician should be sure to treat all customers equally.*
- If a customer complains about another technician, the technician who is taking the call should agree with opinion of the customer.
- If a technician takes a call from a customer the technician does not like, the technician should pass the call to another technician.
8. Which statement describes a best practice related to time management?
- The technician can take the call of another technician, even without permission to do so.
- The technician should give better service to a customer for whom the technician feels more sympathy.
- The technician should take the easier calls first, regardless of the urgency.
- The technician should make sure to call the customer back as close to the callback time as possible.*
9. Which two statements are correct about level one and level two technicians? (Choose two.)
- Level two technicians usually respond to the “down calls” as they may be able to resolve them faster.*
- Level one technicians usually work on the problems that require opening up the computer case.
- Level two technicians are often referred to as “incident screeners,” and level one technicians are often referred to as “product specialists.”
- Level two technicians are usually more knowledgeable about technology than the level one technicians are.*
- Level two technicians prepare a work order and escalate it to a level one technician if a problem cannot be resolved within ten minutes.
10. What should a level two technician do immediately after receiving an escalated work order from a level one technician?
- Call the customer back to ask any additional questions and resolve the problem.*
- Call the level one technician and ask questions about the problem.
- Document suggestions to solve the problem in the work order and return it to the level one technician.
- Send the work order to a level three technician and ask for support.
11. A customer calls to report a computer problem. Which two actions can the technician take to establish a good rapport with the customer? (Choose two.)
- Use technical terms to determine the level of knowledge the customer possesses.
- Allow the customer to speak without interruption.*
- Personalize the call by periodically asking questions unrelated to the computer problem.
- Refer to the customer by name whenever possible.*
- Ask only closed-ended questions.
12. What is the correct way to conduct a telephone call to troubleshoot a computer problem?
- Always gather information from the customer and escalate the problem.
- Ask personal questions to get better acquainted with the customer.
- Explain each step to help the customer understand the troubleshooting process.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times.*
13. A technician receives a call from a customer who is too talkative. How should the technician handle the call?
- Politely step in and gain control of the call by asking the customer social questions.
- Allow the customer to speak without interruption and then try to use closed-ended questions to gather data.*
- Use open-ended questions and repeat all the information back to the customer to politely show that unnecessary information is being given.
- Talk over the customer and quickly gather the necessary information to be of help.
14. What are two examples of displaying professional communication skills while talking to a customer? (Choose two.)
- focusing on what you cannot do to give customers an idea of the magnitude of the problem
- clarifying what customers say after they have finished their explanations*
- interrupting customers with a question to gather more information
- asking customers to paraphrase their explanations
- the use of active listening, with occasional interjections such as “I see” or “I understand”*
15. What are three pieces of information a level one technician should gather from a customer? (Choose three.)
- details of any recent changes to the computer*
- description of the problem*
- output from diagnostic software
- output from a remote connection to the customer computer
- current CMOS settings
- contact information*
16. Which situation would require that a support desk call be given the highest priority?
- A couple of computers have operating system errors.
- The company cannot operate because of a system failure.*
- Some computers cannot log in to the network.
- Two users are requesting an application enhancement.
- A user is requesting a RAM memory upgrade.
17. Which two data storage locations contain persistent data that can be used by computer forensics specialists? (Choose two.)
- solid state drives*
- CPU registers
- hard disk drives*
18. In a computer forensics investigation, which type of data is considered volatile data and can be lost if power is removed from the computer?
- data in transit between RAM and the CPU*
- data stored on an internal drive
- data stored on an external drive
- data stored on magnetic disks
19. What customer support procedure would likely cause an upset customer to become more upset?
- Ask the customer to do obvious or unnecessary steps.*
- Reiterate that you want to solve the problem.
- Follow a step-by-step approach to solving the problem.
- Apologize for the wait time if there has been no wait time.
20. What name is given to a certain set of general rules that apply to written communication over the Internet?
- flame wars
- online interactions
- Internet slang
21. When performing computer forensics what is required to prove a chain of custody?
- an admission of guilt
- collected evidence
- proper documentation procedures*
- expert testimony
22. What is a reason to escalate a problem from a level one technician to a level two technician?
- when the equipment needs to be rebooted
- when the screen resolution of a customer PC needs to be adjusted
- when drivers, applications, or operating systems need to be installed*
- when a peripheral device needs to be replaced