1. Which two statements are true of a laptop CPU when compared to a desktop CPU? (Choose two.)
- The laptops consume more power.
- The laptop CPUs are interchangeable with desktop CPUs.
- The laptops are designed to produce less heat.*
- The laptops operate at higher clock speeds.
- The laptops use smaller cooling devices.*
2. In the power management settings, which two devices can be set to turn off to conserve battery power? (Choose two.)
- cooling fans
- hard disk drive*
3. What is the first step in the process of troubleshooting a laptop?
- Verify full functionality.
- Determine the exact cause.
- Establish probable causes.
- Identify the problem.*
4. What is the final task for a technician after troubleshooting a laptop?
- Verify full functionality.
- Correct the problem.
- Document the problem and the solution.*
- Implement preventive measures.
5. What can a user do to reconnect a laptop to a functioning wireless network after a laptop has been moved and the connection has been lost?
- Reboot the operating system.
- Plug in the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Recharge the battery.
- Change the orientation of the laptop.*
6. Why are SODIMMs well suited for laptops?
- They do not produce heat.
- They have a small form factor.*
- They are interchangeable with desktops.
- They connect to external ports.
7. An administrator tries to configure Power Options within Windows, but is unable to do so. What is the possible cause?
- Thermal management has been enabled.
- ACPI has not been enabled in the BIOS.*
- The administrator does not have user privileges to change the settings.
- Wake-On-LAN has been enabled.
8. A technician is trying to remove a SODIMM module from a laptop. What is the correct way to do this?
- Pull outward by holding the center of the SODIMM module.
- Apply downward force on the SODIMM module.
- Press outward on the clips that hold the sides of the SODIMM.*
- Desolder the SODIMM module.
9. What should a technician do prior to replacing a keyboard on a laptop?
- Remove all sources of power from the laptop.*
- Remove the LCD screen.
- Remove the outer casing of the laptop.
- Remove the power inverter.
10. Which two internal expansion slots in laptops are commonly used to install wireless adapter cards? (Choose two.)
- PCI Express Micro*
11. What is the next step in the troubleshooting process after a solution has been implemented on a laptop?
- Return the device to the customer.
- Verify the solution.*
- Document the solution.
- Ask the customer to explain the problem.
12. A technician notices that a laptop display appears stretched and pixelated. What is a probable cause of this?
- The power inverter is failing.
- The display properties are incorrectly set.*
- The screen has been burned in.
- The power management features are incorrectly set.
- One of the RAM modules is failing.
13. Which statement is true about laptops?
- Most of the internal components that are designed for laptops cannot be used for desktops.*
- Laptop CPUs do not use cooling devices.
- Laptops use fewer components than desktops use.
- Laptop motherboards have standard form factors.
14. What is a definition for CPU throttling?
- upgrading the CPU without changing the motherboard
- the sharing of processing between two or more cores
- the ability to modify CPU clock speed as needed*
15. What is the purpose of the eject button on a laptop docking station?
- to open the CD/DVD tray
- to detach the laptop from the docking station*
- to disconnect a USB device
- to remove the laptop battery
16. Which key sequence may be used to control whether the content of the screen will be presented on a built-in display or on an external display?
- Fn + *
- Shift +
- Ctrl +
- Alt +
17. What would be the most effective preventive maintenance routine for company laptops that are subject to high use?
- a reactive routine that is performed monthly
- a proactive routine that is performed monthly and as needed*
- a proactive routine that is performed every six months
- a reactive routine that is performed only as needed
18. To clean laptops, which two products are recommended? (Choose two.)
- car wax
- rubbing alcohol
- cotton swabs*
- mild cleaning solution*
19. A technician has been asked to decide which laptop components should be cleaned on a monthly basis as part of a maintenance routine. What are two examples of components that should be included? (Choose two.)
- hard disk platters and heads
- exterior case*
20. A technician has installed a wireless Ethernet card in a Windows 7 laptop. Where would the technician configure a new wireless connection?
- Control Panel > Networking and Sharing Center > Set up a new connection or network*
- Control Panel > System > Device Manager
- Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Control Panel > Internet Options
21. Which component or components would be interchangeable between a laptop and and a desktop PC?
- peripheral devices*
- power supply
22. A user needs to connect a Bluetooth device to a laptop. Which type of cable is needed to accomplish this?
- USB cable
- EIA/TIA 232 cable
- None. Bluetooth connections are wireless.*
- parallel cable
- VGA cable