1. Which of the following are valid Linux bootloaders? (choose two)
2. A primary function of a Linux bootloader is:
- To load the init process
- To configure devices
- To configure memory
- To load the kernel
3. Which bootloader includes the Secure Boot feature?
4. Which command needs to be executed after modifying the LILO configuration file?
5. What version of GRUB is the most modern version?
- GRUB 3
- GRUB Original
- GRUB 2
- GRUB Legacy
6. For GRUB Legacy, which of the following is used to specify the second partition of the second hard drive?
7. In GRUB Legacy, which directive is not typically used after a title directive? (choose one)
8. In GRUB Legacy, the _____ directive indicates how long to wait before automatically booting the default operating system.
9. In GRUB Legacy, the _____ directive indicates an operating system to boot if the default operating system fails to boot.
10. In GRUB Legacy, the password directive in the global setting means:
- The user must submit the specified password before appending, editing or using the GRUB command line.
- The user must submit the password before GRUB will attempt to boot the title.
- You can’t place a password directive in the global setting.
11. In GRUB Legacy, the password directive in the title directive setting means:
- To boot a specific operating system, a password must be entered
- The password must be entered to display a menu of operating systems that are bootable
- You can’t place a password directive in the title directive setting
- To edit any GRUB values, a password must first be entered
12. Which of the following commands can be used to create an encrypted password that can be used with the password directive in GRUB Legacy:
13. Which of the following is not an advantage of GRUB 2 over GRUB Legacy?
- Command-line interface
- Ability to work with architectures that don’t have a PC BIOS
- Non-ASCII character support
- Ability to boot from partitions inside of Logical Volume Management (LVM) or RAID devices
- Dynamically loaded modules
14. The primary GRUB 2 configuration is overwritten when the _____ command is executed on Fedora systems.
15. The primary GRUB 2 configuration is overwritten when the _____ command is executed on Ubuntu systems.
16. The GRUB2 setting that sets the default operating system to boot is called _____.
17. What is the real location of the GRUB Legacy configuration file?
18. What is the full path to the LILO configuration file?
19. To use an encrypted password in the GRUB Legacy configuration file, use the _____ option to the password directive.
20. To specify a runlevel to boot at, add the run level to the end of the _____ directive line.
21. The primary configuration file for the GRUB 2 on a Fedora system is _____.
22. The primary configuration file for GRUB 2 on an Ubuntu system is _____.
23. The firmware bootloader for Sparc systems is called _____.
24. The firmware bootloader for PowerPC systems is called _____.
25. Instead of modifying the primary configuration file for GRUB2, you should edit the _____ file.
26. In GRUB Legacy, the _____ directive prevents GRUB from displaying all but the default bootable title until the user presses a key.
27. In GRUB Legacy, the _____ directive defines the default operating system to boot.
28. In GRUB Legacy, the _____ directive defines an operating system to boot.
Download PDF File below: