1. By mistake, a user sends a file to print on a remote printer. The best course of action is:
- Stop printer service immediately
- Ask the administrator to switch off the printer
- Delete the document if the print document is still in the queue
- Call up the remote location and have them reject the print job from the printer controls
2. A system administrator wants to make few changes to the CUPS server configuration. Changes should be made in which of the files?
3. Refer to following section from the CUPS configuration file and identify the correct statement.
Order Allow,Deny Allow gsource.com Deny uk.gsource.com
- Only the allow statement is valid
- Allow access to all hosts in the gsource.com subdomain, but exclude those that are in the uk.gsource.com domain
- Allow access to all hosts in the gsource.com domain and uk.gsource.com subdomain
- Allow access to all hosts in the gsource.com domain, but exclude those that are in the uk.gsource.com subdomain
4. The /etc/cups/printers.conf file contains three printer entries. What should Joe do so that everyone uses the HP1600 printer by default?
- Delete DeviceURI for all other printers
- Specify the DefaultPrinter directive for the HP1600 printer
- Remove all other printer entries except for the HP1600 printer
- Set HP1600 as the local printer
5. The /etc/cups/classes.conf file is used by the cupsd daemon for:
- Storing the class of the default printer
- Storing the list of available local printer classes
- Counting the maximum number of client connections
- Sharing printers
6. CUPS can only be administered by:
- Remote Printers
- Root User and members of the group specified in the SystemGroup directive
- Depends on Allow, Deny directives
- No administration options are available
7. What is the outcome of running the command
lpadmin –d lpicprinter?
- Printer lpicprinter becomes the default printer
- Deletes printer lpicprinter
- Enables printer lpicprinter
- Printer lpicprinter is added
8. Which of the following statements regarding cupsd is FALSE?
- Uses other processes for printing, monitoring and providing web interfaces
- By default it runs as a daemon
- Implements IPP operations and attributes
- Runs as multi-threaded server process
9. A system administrator needs to find out the number of copies of a confidential document printed by a particular user. Which of the following log files should he view for the information?
10. Identify the correct command to view the status of all printers:
lpq –P hpfloor1
11. CUPS stands for:
- Common UNIX Printing System
- Common User Printing System
- Co-managed UNIX Printing System
- Current User Printing System
12. CUPS retains the print job in the queue even after it is printed.
True or False?
13. Which of the following changes is NOT possible by modifying various settings in the CUPS configuration file?
- Allow access from the specified host
- Port to listen for printer information packets
- Maximum number of copies that a user can print per job
- Maximum number of printers that can be configured
14. While the printer testprinter was printing a job and had several others in the queue, Joe runs the command
lpadmin –x testprinter. The effect of the command is:
- All choices are valid
- Printer testprinter gets deleted
- All pending jobs in the queue are deleted
- Current job is aborted
15. Which of the following options when used with cupsd ensures that cpusd runs as a foreground process detached from the controlling terminal?
16. Every print job stored in the /var/spool/cups directory has:
- One control file and one or more data files
- Multiple control and data files
- One data file and one or more control files
- One control file and one data file
17. Which of the following functions is NOT provided by the printer service?
- Queuing the print jobs
- Scheduling jobs for printing
- Accepting print requests from multiple users
- Economizing use of the printer cartridge
18. A printer’s status cannot be offline just because it has run out of paper.
True or False?
19. Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) is a network protocol that supports which of the following?
- All confidentiality, authentication and access control
- Access control only
- Both authentication and access control
- Authentication only
20. Which of the following statements about CUPS Print Queues is correct?
- Works only for locally connected printers
- Cannot be added using the
- Supports another CUPS printer server on the network
- Does not support Windows-based print servers
21. Use of which of the following options for the
lpadmin command will enable the printer and make it ready to accept jobs?
22. A user reports to the system administrator that when printing a Japanese web page, he gets junk characters. Which of the following settings should the system administrator check in the CUPS configuration file?
Download PDF File below: