1. Which of the following are considered replacements for the traditional init process? (choose two)
2. Which runlevel number defines multi-user with no networking services?
3. Instead of using traditional runlevels, Systemd uses:
4. Which of the following commands will allow you to change the system runlevel, on a system with traditional init? (choose two)
5. Which of the following commands will allow you to change the system to another runlevel, on a system with Systemd? (choose two)
6. Which of the following commands can be used to reboot the system? (choose two)
- shutdown -r
7. Which of the following commands can be used to halt the system? (choose two)
8. Which runlevel number is defined as “user-definable”?
9. Which runlevel number defines rebooting the system?
10. Which runlevel number defines multi-user with networking services and no GUI?
11. Which runlevel number defines multi-user with GUI?
12. Which runlevel number defines halting the system?
13. Which command will display both the current runlevel and the previous runlevel?
14. On a Ubuntu system, what variable defines the default runlevel in the /etc/init/rc-sysinit.conf file?
15. For traditional init, the _____ file is where the initial default runlevel is defined.
16. What option to the
who command will display the current runlevel?
17. Where are the scripts used to manage the
init process located?
18. Which of the following can be used to restart the HTTP service? (choose two)
- /etc/init.d/httpd restart
- service httpd restart
- service httpd re start
- service https restart
19. The same set of services are started or stopped at different runlevels.
True or False?
20. Which directories exist in the /etc/rc.d directory?
- d. rc0.d, rc1.d, rc2.d, rc3.d, rc4.d, rc5.d and rc6.d
- c. rc0d, rc1d, rc2d, rc3d, rc4d and rc5d
- rc0.d, rc2.d, rc4.d, and rc6.d
- b. rc0, rc1, rc2, rc3, rc4, rc5 and rc6
21. Which of the following commands will have the
httpd service start at runlevel 5?
- ln -s /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S85httd
- cp /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/init.d/rc5.d
- ln -s /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/K85httpd
- cp /etc/init.d/httpd /etc/rc.d
22. Which command is used to view the services that are set to start or stop automatically?
23. Which of the following is used to turn off the
atd service at runlevels 2 and 4?
- chkconfig –off 24 atd
- chkconfig –level 24 atd disable
- chkconfig –level 24 atd off
- chkconfig –level 24 atd auto off
24. Which is the default runlevel for Debian based Linux systems?
25. Which of the following is used to define the start of the Apache web server for runlevels 2-4 in the /etc/init.d/apache2.conf file?
- start on runlevel [2-4]
- start on run_level 
- enable runlevel 
- start on runlevel 
26. Which of the following commands is used as a traditional replacement for the
27. Which of the following commands is used to view the status of all services?
- systemctl –a
- systemctl –l
- systemctl -l
- systemctl –all
28. Which of the following is not a Linux boot system?
Download PDF File below: