1. The daemon associated with the cron utility is called the ___________ daemon.
2. The crontab command can be used to:
- Create crontab files
- Remove crontab files
- List crontab files
- All choices are valid
3. System crontabs are generally found in which of the following directories?
- /root; /etc
- /var/spool/cron; /etc/cron.d
- /etc; /bin
- /var/spool/cron.d; /etc/cron
4. All commands that are run from system crontabs require root privileges.
True or False?
5. Commands specified in a crontab file will run only if the root user is logged in.
True or False?
6. In the time fields of a crontab file entry, a _________is used to denote a range of values.
- ( )
- [ ]
7. The crontab keyword @reboot implies that the job runs:
- Once, at startup
- Once a day
- Every time a user logs in
- Each time the crond daemon starts
8. The system administrator wants to create a crontab entry to perform daily backups. Which of the following keywords should be used?
- Cannot be done
9. The system administrator wants to check the status of a database every hour. Which of the following crontab entries will ensure that the script runs every hour (on the hour) from 8AM to 5PM, Monday through Friday?
- 00 08-17 * * 1-5 /home/appuser/bin/check-db-status
- 00 08-05 * * 1-5 /home/appuser/bin/check-db-status
- 00 08-17 * * 00 /home/appuser/bin/check-db-status
- 00 08-17 * * 5 /home/appuser/bin/check-db-status
10. Which of the following commands can be used to view the current contents of a crontab file?
11. Which of the following commands can be used to remove all the crontab entries?
12. Refer to following cron job entry:0 9-18 * * * /home/joe/bin/check-db-statusThe job…
- Executes check-db-status on all days between 9 AM and 6 PM
- Executes check-db-status Monday to Friday between 9 AM and 6 PM
- Executes check-db-status at every hour on all days
- Executes check-db-status at every hour on Monday to Friday
13. How would you schedule a cron job to run every second?
- By using the keyphrase @second
- Create 60 jobs which run every minute
- Using a cron job, it is not possible to schedule a job which runs every second
- By putting an entry similar to * * * * * <job>
14. A Linux server, configured for the UTC time zone, is accessed by users from other time zones. The cron jobs scheduled on the server will run:
- As per the time zone of location where the server is kept
- As per the time zone of respective users
- As per UTC time zone
- As per the TZ environment variable setting in the crontab file
15. The crond daemon can be restarted using the command
16. The system administrator wants to allow certain users to access the
crontab command but not others. This can be done by:
- Add account name(s) to have access in the system crontab file
- Selective access is not possible
- Granting them root privileges
- Managing entries in cron.allow and cron.deny files
17. A Linux system has entries in both the cron.allow and cron.deny files. Which users, other than root, will have access to the
- Users specified in cron.allow have access to
crontab; cron.deny will be ignored
- Only root will have access to
- All users except those specified in the cron.deny file will have access to
- Users specified in cron.allow but not included in cron.deny will have access to
18. Only 5 out of 100 Linux users in ABCajun Corp need access to
crontab. The administrator should:
- Create cron.deny and add all the users in the file
- Create cron.allow and add those five users to the file
- Create cron.deny and add those five users in the file
- Create both cron.allow and cron.deny files. Add five users in cron.allow and remaining ninety five in cron.deny
19. A Linux server may not be powered-on all the time. Which of the following options is most suitable to run scheduled jobs on this server?
- cron jobs with only daily jobs
20. What does the delay field in an anacrontab entry signify?
- The command should wait for a specified number of minutes after running the previous command
- The command should delay the processing by a specified number of minutes
- The command should wait for a specified number of seconds after the machine starts
- The command should wait for a specified number of minutes after the machine starts
21. To force a job to be run irrespective of its timestamp, the
anacron command can be used with which of the following options?
22. The cron scheduler should be used if the jobs are to be run at a particular hour and minute.True or False?
23. A one-time job needs to be scheduled for a specific time. Which of the following commands is most suitable for the task?
24. Pam wants to schedule a one-time task using the
at command and receive an email once it is complete. Which of the following
at command options should she use?
25. After executing the
atq command, the following jobs are displayed:
2 2014-11-22 22:00 a test_user
3 2014-11-22 20:00 a root
4 2014-11-22 22:45 a oracle_dba
Which of the following commands will delete job #2?
test_usershould manually delete the entry
at -r 2
26. The at.allow and at.deny files can be used to control access to:
- All programs used for scheduling
27. Rob has to schedule a job to accomplish a one-time task. He wants to run the job during off-peak hours only. Which of the following is most suitable to schedule this task?
batch commands are executed only when the system’s load average drops below which of the following by default?
29. The default value for load average for running the
batch command can be changed using which of the following commands?
- It cannot be changed
Download PDF File below: