1. Which command is used in order to view the manual page for a topic?
2. The command
manual ls will provide detailed information about how the
ls command functions.
True or False?
3. Which of the following man page sections will provide an example of how a command is executed?
- The SYNOPSIS section
- The DESCRIPTION section
- The FILES section
- The NAME section
4. The [ ] characters around
day in the example
cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] means that
- An argument that must be “day” and nothing else
- An option, not an argument
5. The syntax
- These three options are different
- These three options mean the same thing
- These are required options
- This is invalid syntax
6. The command
man 5 passwd will:
- Display the man page of Section 5 for passwd.
- Print the first five man pages that refer to the term passwd.
- Not work; you can’t give a numeric argument to the man command.
- Display the first five lines of the man page for the passwd command.
7. To see a list of commands that are available while viewing a man page, you can type the __ character.
8. To search for something while viewing a man page, you first type a __ character.
9. Special file man pages are typically located in section ____.
10. System Administration man pages are typically located in section ___.
11. Shell command man pages are typically located in section ___.
Download PDF File below: