1. Which file is used to configure SSH clients?
2. The system has a /etc/ssh/ssh_config file and the user Mike also has a ~/.ssh/config in his home directory. Which file will be used when Mike connects to a server via SSH?
- Both files will be used
3. What does the entry AllowGroups dba netusers in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config indicate?
- Users with usernames dba and netusers will be allowed access
- Users who are not part of the dba and netusers groups will be allowed access
- Users who are part of the dba and netusers groups will be allowed access
- Users who are part of the dba and netusers groups will not be allowed access
4. Which of the following is not an authentication method supported by SSH?
- Signature Authentication
- Password Authentication
- Public Key Authentication
- Host Based Authentication
5. Which command is used to add private keys to the SSH agent’s repository?
ssh-add utility can be used to add only RSA keys.
True or False?
7. SSH Tunneling is the same as _____.
- SSH Encryption
- SSH Port Forwarding
- SSH Encoding
- SSH Porting
8. Which of the following commands are used to setup SSH tunneling?
9. Which command is used to generate a GnuPG key?
10. Question 10The SSH and GnuPG keys can be protected by an optional passphrase.
True or False?
11. Which file on the server holds the public keys of the hosts that need to be authenticated?
12. Which of the following utility programs are not provided by OpenSSH?
13. What is the function of the
- Cache the decrypted public key and provide it to client programs
- Decrypt the private key and provide it to client programs
- Cache the decrypted private key and provide it to client programs
- Generate the signature using the private key
14. Which of the following commands will start a SSH session with X11 support?
ssh –L marks.gsource.com
ssh –X marks.gsource.com
ssh –l marks.gsource.com
ssh –x marks.gsource.com
15. Which of the following is not a function provided by GnuPG?
- Accessing public keys
- Providing encrypted channel for communication
- Digital signature
16. Which command is used to verify the signature of a package?
gpg --verify pkg.sig
gpg verify pkg.sig
gpg -V pkg.sig
gpg -v pkg.sig
17. The size of a DSA key is:
- Exactly 1024 bits
- Exactly 2048 bits
- Exactly 768 bits
- Exactly 1000 bits
18. Which of the following entries in /etc/ssh/sshd_config turn on host based authentication?
- HostbasedAuthentication enable
- HostbasedAuthentication: yes
- Hostbased_Authentication yes
- HostbasedAuthentication yes
ssh-add program ran for user will, but his RSA identity files were not added, what could be the reason for this?
- The file /home/will/.ssh/id_rsa had read and write permissions only for Will
- The file /home/will/.ssh/id_rsa had read permissions for no other user except Will
- The file /home/will/.ssh/id_rsa has read permissions only for Will
- The file /home/will/.ssh/id_rsa has read permissions for users other than Will
20. Which standard is GnuPG based on?
- Unix Good Privacy (UGP)
- SSH Good Privacy (SGP)
- Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)
- Linux Good Privacy (LGP)
21. What is the limitation of telnet from the security perspective?
- Does not provide the algorithm to decrypt the usernames and passwords
- Adds digital signatures to authentication data
- Sends all data including usernames and passwords in clear text
- Does not compress the data
22. What does the ~/.ssh/id_rsa file contain?
- RSA public signature of the user
- RSA private key of the user
- RSA private signature of the user
- RSA public key of the user
gpg command operates in a ____ mode.
24. Which of the following algorithms are not supported by GnuPG for key generation?
- One-way Hash
25. The SSH utility is provided by the OpenSSH package.
True or False?
26. Which of the following entries in /etc/ssh/sshd_config turn on SSH tunneling?
- AllowTcpPortForwarding yes
- AllowPortForwarding yes
- AllowTcpForwarding yes
- AllowTCPIPForwarding yes
27. Which is the default configuration file used by GnuPG?
28. The _____ command is used to generate SSH keys.
Download PDF File below: