1. If no desktop environment is installed, which of the following display managers is likely to be used?
2. The display manager provided by the GNOME desktop environment is called gdm.True or False?
3. In order for the installed display manager to start automatically during the boot process, the default run level for Debian-derived distributions should be:
- More than 3
- Any level
- Between 2 and 5
- Less than 2
4. In a RedHat-derived installation, the system administrator notices the following line in the /etc/inittab file:id:3:initdefault:Will the installed display manager start automatically during the boot process?
- Depends on the display manager installed
- Depends on the user access level
5. Once installed, it is not possible to switch from one display manager to another.True or False?
6. On a Red Hat-derived Linux distribution, the /etc/sysconfig/desktop file contains the following entries:DESKTOP=”GNOME”DISPLAYMANAGER=”KDM”Which of the following is true?
- KDM display manager will be used with KDM desktop
- KDM display manager will be used with GNOME desktop
- GNOME display manager will be used with GNOME desktop
- GNOME display manager will be used with KDM desktop
7. By modifying the UseTheme and GreetString keys in the /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc file, an administrator can change the banner for the kdm display manager. True or False?
8. The color depth for the display manager determines:
- 3D effects on the screen
- Maximum number of colors that can be displayed on the screen
- Minimum number of colors that can be displayed on the screen
- Amount of memory allocated by the video card
9. In the Screen section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, the DefaultDepth is set to 16. This means:
- 65536 colors can be displayed
- 512 colors can be displayed
- 16 colors can be displayed
- 256 colors can be displayed
Download PDF File below: