1. What service or protocol does the Secure Copy Protocol rely on to ensure that secure copy transfers are from authorized users?
2. When password recovery on a router is being performed and the settings in NVRAM have been bypassed, which step should be taken next?
- Copy the contents of RAM to the NVRAM.
- Copy the contents of NVRAM to the RAM.
- Reload the router.
- Reset the router.
3. Which protocol or service is used to automatically synchronize the software clocks on Cisco routers?
4. A network engineer wants to synchronize the time of a router with an NTP server at the IPv4 address 188.8.131.52. The exit interface of the router is configured with an IPv4 address of 192.168.212.11. Which global configuration command should be used to configure the NTP server as the time source for this router?
- ntp peer 192.168.212.11
- ntp peer 184.108.40.206
- ntp server 220.127.116.11
- ntp server 192.168.212.11
5. What are three functions provided by the syslog service? (Choose three.)
- to specify the destinations of captured messages
- to provide statistics on packets that are flowing through a Cisco device
- to periodically poll agents for data
- to gather logging information for monitoring and troubleshooting
- to select the type of logging information that is captured
- to provide traffic analysis
6. Which service should be disabled on a router to prevent a malicious host from falsely responding to ARP requests with the intent to redirect the Ethernet frames?
- reverse ARP
- proxy ARP
7. What is the purpose of issuing the ip ospf message-digest-key key md5 password command and the area area-id authentication message-digest command on a router?
- to enable OSPF MD5 authentication on a per-interface basis
- to configure OSPF MD5 authentication globally on the router
- to encrypt OSPF routing updates
- to facilitate the establishment of neighbor adjacencies
8. Which service is enabled on a Cisco router by default that can reveal significant information about the router and potentially make it more vulnerable to attack?
9. Which statement describes SNMP operation?
- An SNMP agent that resides on a managed device collects information about the device and stores that information remotely in the MIB that is located on the NMS.
- A get request is used by the SNMP agent to query the device for data.
- An NMS periodically polls the SNMP agents that are residing on managed devices by using traps to query the devices for data.
- A set request is used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device.
10. When SNMPv1 or SNMPv2 is being used, which feature provides secure access to MIB objects?
- message integrity
- packet encryption
- source validation
- community strings
11. What are two reasons to enable OSPF routing protocol authentication on a network? (Choose two.)
- to prevent data traffic from being redirected and then discarded
- to ensure faster network convergence
- to provide data security through encryption
- to prevent redirection of data traffic to an insecure link
- to ensure more efficient routing
12. What are SNMP trap messages?
- unsolicited messages that are sent by the SNMP agent and alert the NMS to a condition on the network
- messages that are used by the NMS to change configuration variables in the agent device
- messages that are used by the NMS to query the device for data
- messages that are sent periodically by the NMS to the SNMP agents that reside on managed devices to query the device for data
13. Which technology allows syslog messages to be filtered to different devices based on event importance?
- syslog severity levels
- syslog service timestamps
- syslog service identifiers
- syslog facilities
14. What is a characteristic of the Cisco IOS Resilient Configuration feature?
- It maintains a secure working copy of the bootstrap startup program.
- Once issued, the secure boot-configcommand automatically upgrades the configuration archive to a newer version after new configuration commands have been entered.
- The secure boot-image command works properly when the system is configured to run an image from a TFTP server.
- A snapshot of the router running configuration can be taken and securely archived in persistent storage.