Networking Devices and Initial Configuration Module 4 – 6 Checkpoint Exam Answers
1. Refer to the exhibit. ServerB is attempting to contact HostA. Which two statements correctly identify the addressing that ServerB will generate in the process? (Choose two.)
- ServerB will generate a frame with the destination MAC address of RouterB.
- ServerB will generate a packet with the destination IP address of HostA.
- ServerB will generate a frame with the destination MAC address of RouterA.
- ServerB will generate a frame with the destination MAC address of SwitchB.
- ServerB will generate a packet with the destination IP address of RouterB.
- ServerB will generate a packet with the destination IP address of RouterA.
2. When would a switch record multiple entries for a single switch port in its MAC address table?
- when multiple ARP broadcasts have been forwarded
- when another switch is connected to the switch port
- when a router is connected to the switch port
- when the switch is configured for Layer 3 switching
3. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which port does Switch0 use to send frames to the host with the IPv4 address 10.1.1.5?
4. Which information does a switch use to populate the MAC address table?
- the source MAC address and the incoming port
- the source MAC address and the outgoing port
- the source and destination MAC addresses and the outgoing port
- the destination MAC address and the incoming port
- the destination MAC address and the outgoing port
- the source and destination MAC addresses and the incoming port
5. Refer to the exhibit. The exhibit shows a small switched network and the contents of the MAC address table of the switch. PC1 has sent a frame addressed to PC3. What will the switch do with the frame?
- The switch will forward the frame to all ports.
- The switch will discard the frame.
- The switch will forward the frame only to port 2.
- The switch will forward the frame only to ports 1 and 3.
- The switch will forward the frame to all ports except port 4.
6. When a computer assembles a frame to be sent over the network, what is the maximum size of an Ethernet frame?
- 64 bytes
- 128 bytes
- 1024 bytes
- 1518 bytes
7. Refer to the exhibit. A ping to PC3 is issued from PC0, PC1, and PC2 in this exact order. Which MAC addresses will be contained in the S1 MAC address table that is associated with the Fa0/1 port?
- just the PC2 MAC address
- just the PC0 MAC address
- just the PC1 MAC address
- just PC0 and PC1 MAC addresses
- PC0, PC1, and PC2 MAC addresses
8. What are two functions that are provided by the network layer? (Choose two.)
- carrying data between processes that are running on source and destination hosts
- placing data on the network medium
- directing data packets to destination hosts on other networks
- providing dedicated end-to-end connections
- providing end devices with a unique network identifier
9. Which IPv4 header field is responsible for defining the priority of the packet?
- differentiated services
- flow label
- traffic class
10. Which field in an IPv6 packet is used by the router to determine if a packet has expired and should be dropped?
- Address Unreachable
- No Route to Destination
- Hop Limit
11. What is correct in relation to NAT for IPv6?
- It is a temporary mechanism to assist in the migration from IPv4 to IPv6.
- Dual stack is an example of implementation of NAT for IPv6.
- NAT64 has been deprecated by IETF in favor of NAT-PT.
- It is used to convert private IPv6 addresses to public IPv6 addresses.
12. Which field in the IPv6 header points to optional network layer information that is carried in the IPv6 packet?
- flow label
- traffic class
- next header
13. Match the characteristics with the correct IP protocol version.
- 12 basic header fields –> IPv4
- 128-bit address space –> IPv6
- 40 octets header –> IPv6
- 20 octets header –> IPv4
- 8 header fields –> IPv6
- 32-bit address space –> IPv4
14. What is one advantage that the IPv6 simplified header offers over IPv4?
- smaller-sized source and destination IP addresses
- efficient packet handling
- smaller-sized header
- little requirement for processing checksums
15. Refer to the exhibit. If all devices are using a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, which laptop would have an IP address with the same network number as the server?
16. Why does a Layer 3 device perform the ANDing process on a destination IP address and subnet mask?
- to identify the network address of the destination network
- to identify the host address of the destination host
- to identify the broadcast address of the destination network
- to identify faulty frames
17. Refer to the exhibit. A computer that is configured with the IPv4 address as shown in the exhibit is unable to access the internet. What is the problem?
- The IP address is a broadcast address.
- The settings were not validated.
- The gateway address is in the wrong subnet.
- The IP address is a network address.
18. A network engineer subnets the network 192.168.100.0 /24 into 16 subnets. How many usable host addresses will be available on each of the subnets?
19. What subnet mask would be associated with the IPv4 prefix of /28?
20. Consider the group of five IPv4 addresses each with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Which two IPv4 addresses belong to the same local network? (Choose two.)
21. Which two hosts exist on the same subnet? (Choose two.)
- host 172.16.101.199/23
- host 172.16.98.250/23
- host 172.16.100.4/23
- host 172.16.97.78/23
- host 172.16.102.237/23