Networking Devices and Initial Configuration Module 6.2.3 IPv4 Addressing Quiz Answers
1. Which statement describes IPv4 addressing?
- Routers use the full 32-bit IP address to determine the location of each individual host.
- The network portion of a destination IP address is obtained by performing an AND operation between a host IP address and a subnet mask.
- An IPv4 address contains two parts: a network portion and a subnet portion.
- Two hosts with the same subnet mask are in the same network.
2. Which statement describes one purpose of the subnet mask setting for a host?
- It is used to describe the type of the subnet.
- It is used to identify the default gateway.
- It is used to determine to which network the host is connected.
- It is used to determine the maximum number of bits within one packet that can be placed on a particular network.
3. How many octets exist in an IPv4 address?
4. Which full range of decimal values are valid in one octet of an IPv4 address?
- 0 through 31
- 1 through 64
- 0 through 128
- 0 through 255
- 1 through 256
5. For what purpose are IPv4 addresses utilized?
- An IPv4 address is used to uniquely identify a device on an IP network.
- An IPv4 address is burned into the network card to uniquely identify a device.
- An IPv4 address is used to uniquely identify the application that requested the information from a remote device.
- An IPv4 address is used to identify the number of IP networks available.
6. What is the prefix length notation for the subnet mask 255.255.255.224?
7. Which two parts are components of an IPv4 address? (Choose two.)
- subnet portion
- network portion
- logical portion
- host portion
- physical portion
- broadcast portion
8. What is obtained when ANDing the address 192.168.65.3/18 with its subnet mask?
9. What do devices on the same IPv4 subnet have in common?
- They all use the same default gateway.
- They all have a subnet mask of /8, /16, or /24.
- They all have the same last octet in their IPv4 addresses.
- They all have the same number in the first three octets of their IPv4 address.
10. How many unique addresses are available for assignment to hosts in the network of 10.100.16.0 with subnet mask 255.255.252.0?
11. Which is a valid default gateway address for a host configured with IP address 10.25.1.110 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192?
12. When IPv4 addressing is manually configured on a web server, which property of the IPv4 configuration identifies the network and host portion for an IPv4 address?
- DNS server address
- subnet mask
- default gateway
- DHCP server address