1.4.2 Packet Tracer – Determine Best Path using Routing Tables Answers
All devices on the network are included and configured.
- Using paper and pencil answer questions concerning best path routing using routing metrics.
- Use Packet Tracer to determine best path routing.
- Explain the use of routing metrics in determining the best path to a network.
Task 1: View routing table information for R2.
Step 1 – Access the CLI of R2.
1. Select R2 and choose the CLI tab.
2. Enter the console password cisco.
3. Enter the enable command and use class as the privileged EXEC password.
4. Enter the show ip route command to view the routing table.
Task 2: Examine the routing table information for R2.
Step 1 – Use the information found in the routing table to determine best path from PC3 to PC1.
1. Which routing protocol is used?
2. What routing metric is used?
3. What path will be determined as best path?
Task 3: Create paper and pencil activity:
Step 1 – Use the information found in R2’s routing table.
1. Identify the best path from PC3 to PC1.
2. Explain the use of routing metrics in determining the best path chosen.