Networking Devices and Initial Configuration Module 2.3.3 Cloud and Virtualization Quiz Answers
1. Which term is associated with Cloud computing?
- tall servers
Explanation: Cloud computing involves computers, software, servers, network devices, and other services physically held at a remote location. Virtualization is used by the cloud computing vendors so they can provide multiple servers, networks, applications, operating systems, etc. to clients without having to buy the equipment for each one. Virtualization of servers, for example, allows multiple servers to be on one physical server. Each server could be for a different client if necessary.
2. Which three features represent benefits of virtualization? (Choose three.)
- less power consumption
- less employee technical training
- less device monitoring
- less equipment
- improved disaster recovery
- fewer security requirements
Explanation: Virtualization is the ability to run many instances of an OS simultaneously on the same hardware platform. This reduces the amount of equipment that is required, thus resulting in less power consumption and improved disaster recovery
3. Which term describes the type of cloud computing service that provides applications over the web?
Explanation: Software as a service (SaaS) delivers applications over the web to end users. Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) provides hardware and software for companies. Platform as a service (PaaS) supplies tools and services used to deliver applications to end users. IT as a service (ITaaS) supplies the talents of IT professionals to companies in order to support applications, platforms, and infrastructure devices.
4. Saving your photos to a storage location maintained by your service provider is an example of ________.
- big data
- cloud computing
Explanation: Cloud computing allows people to save, manage, and access data on computer resources located on a remote network or on the Internet rather than on their own devices.
5. Which cloud model provides services for a specific organization or entity?
- a hybrid cloud
- a community cloud
- a public cloud
- a private cloud
Explanation: Private clouds are used to provide services and applications to a specific organization and may be set up within the private network of the organization or managed by an outside organization.
6. A company uses cloud services and is setting up a new switch supplied by the cloud provider. Which cloud model is used by the company?
Explanation: Whenever a company has an infrastructure device like a router or switch in the company cloud solution, the cloud model being used is IaaS.
7. What term is used to define the software process that creates VMs and performs hardware abstraction to support VMs?
- element manager
- Virtualized Infrastructure Manager (VIM)
Explanation: The hypervisor is virtualization software that performs hardware abstraction. It allows multiple VMs to run concurrently in the virtual environment.
8. Refer to the exhibit. What type of software is installed on the host system to support the three virtual machines?
- Type 2 hypervisor software
- bare metal software
- Type 1 hypervisor software
- edge computing software
Explanation: Type 2 hypervisor software runs on top of a host machine’s operating system. A type 1 hypervisor does not require the host system to have an additional operating system in place to manage the hardware and system processes.
9. Which piece of software is responsible for creating virtual machines and providing them access to resources on a physical machine?
- host operating system
- hosted operating system
Explanation: The hypervisor creates and manages virtual machines. A hypervisor is able to run multiple virtual machines on a single host computer. The hypervisor allocates the physical system resources, such as a CPU, RAM, and hard drive, to each virtual machine as needed. This ensures that the operation of one virtual machine does not interfere with another.
10. Which cloud type consists of two or more clouds that are connected through a single architecture?
Explanation: A hybrid cloud is made up of two or more clouds connected with a single architecture.
11. Which two are type 2 hypervisors? (Choose two.)
- VMware ESXi
- Virtual PC
Explanation: Both Virtualbox and Virtual PC are type 2 hypervisors. The other options are type 1 hypervisors.
12. What is a characteristic of a public cloud?
- It is available to everyone.
- It is intended for a specific organization.
- It is made up of two or more clouds.
- It is customized to meet specific functional needs of organizations.
Explanation: A public cloud provides services available to everyone and may be free or may require payment.