8.3.3 The Internet Protocol Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 8 quiz exam answers
1. What criterion must be followed in the design of an IPv4 addressing scheme for end devices?
- Each IP address must match the address that is assigned to the host by DNS.
- Each IP address must be unique within the local network.
- Each IP address needs to be compatible with the MAC address.
- Each local host should be assigned an IP address with a unique network component.
2. How many octets exist in an IPv4 address?
3. Which two parts are components of an IPv4 address? (Choose two.)
- subnet portion
- network portion
- logical portion
- host portion
- physical portion
- broadcast portion
4. What is the purpose of the subnet mask in conjunction with an IP address?
- to uniquely identify a host on a network
- to identify whether the address is public or private
- to determine the subnet to which the host belongs
- to mask the IP address to outsiders
5. A technician is setting up equipment on a network. Which three devices will need IP addresses?
- a printer with an integrated NIC
- a web camera that is attached directly to a host
- a server with two NICs
- an IP phone
- a wireless mouse
- a PDA that is attached to a networked workstation
6. Which statement describes the relationship of a physical network and logical IPv4 addressed networks?
- A local physical network supports one IPv4 logical network.
- A physical network can connect multiple devices of different IPv4 logical networks.
- All devices connected to a physical network need to belong to the same IPv4 logical network.
- End devices on different IPv4 logical networks can communicate with each other if they all connect to the same switch.
7. How large are IPv4 addresses?
- 8 bits
- 16 bits
- 32 bits
- 64 bits
- 128 bits
8. What is the network number for an IPv4 address 172.16.34.10 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0?
9. What are two features of IPv4 addresses? (Choose two.)
- An IPv4 address contains 8 octets.
- IPv4 is a logical addressing scheme.
- An IPv4 addressing scheme is hierarchical.
- IPv4 addresses are only used for communications on the internet.
- An IPv4 address is bound to a network interface card to make it unique.
10. Consider the group of five IPv4 addresses each with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Which two IPv4 addresses belong to the same local network? (Choose two.)
11. The IT group needs to design and deploy IPv4 network connectivity in a new high school computer lab. The network design requires multiple logical networks be deployed on one physical network. Which technology is required to enable computers on different logical networks to communicate with each other?