9.4.3 IPv4 Addressing Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 9 quiz exam answers
1. Which statement describes one purpose of the subnet mask setting for a host?
- It is used to describe the type of the subnet.
- It is used to identify the default gateway.
- It is used to determine to which network the host is connected.
- It is used to determine the maximum number of bits within one packet that can be placed on a particular network.
2. What is one reason for subnetting an IP network?
- to reduce the scope of broadcast flooding
- to increase the number of available host addresses on the network
- to remove the need for network services that rely on broadcasts, such as DHCP
- to ensure that all devices can communicate with each other without requiring a router
3. A message is sent to all hosts on a remote network. Which type of message is it?
- limited broadcast
- directed broadcast
4. A user is unable to access the company server from a computer. On issuing the ipconfig command, the user finds that the IP address of the computer is displayed as 169.254.0.2. What type of address is this?
5. Which three IP addresses are private ? (Choose three.)
6. Match each description with an appropriate IP address.
7. Which network device can serve as a boundary to divide a Layer 2 broadcast domain?
- Ethernet bridge
- Ethernet hub
- access point
8. What is the role of IANA?
- maintaining standards related to electrical wiring and connectors
- documenting developments for new protocols and updating existing protocols
- managing the allocation of IP addresses and domain names
- promoting the development and evolution of the Internet around the world
9. Which address prefix range is reserved for IPv4 multicast?
- 240.0.0.0 – 254.255.255.255
- 220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168
- 169.254.0.0 – 169.254.255.255
- 127.0.0.0 – 127.255.255.255
10. A high school in New York (school A) is using videoconferencing technology to establish student interactions with another high school (school B) in Russia. The videoconferencing is conducted between two end devices through the internet. The network administrator of school A configures the end device with the IP address 22.214.171.124. The administrator sends a request for the IP address for the end device in school B and the response is 192.168.25.10. Neither school is using a VPN. The administrator knows immediately that this IP will not work. Why?
- This is a loopback address.
- This is a link-local address.
- This is a private IP address.
- There is an IP address conflict.
11. A host is transmitting a broadcast. Which host or hosts will receive it?
- all hosts in the same network
- a specially defined group of hosts
- the closest neighbor on the same network
- all hosts on the internet