CCNA 2 v6.0 (Routing & Switching Essentials v6) Chapter 6: VLANs: Check Your Understanding Questions Answers
1. Which two statements accurately describe VLAN types? (Choose two.)
- After the initial boot of an unconfigured switch, all ports are members of the default VLAN.
- An 802.1Q trunk port, with a native VLAN assigned, supports both tagged and untagged traffic.
- Voice VLANs are used to support user phone and email traffic on a network.
- VLAN 1 is always used as the management VLAN.
2. Which type of VLAN is used to designate which traffic is untagged when crossing a trunk port?
- VLAN 1
3. What are two primary benefits of using VLANs? (Choose two.)
- A reduction in the number of trunk links
- Cost reduction
- Improved IT staff efficiency
- No required configuration
- Reduced security
4. Which command displays the encapsulation type, the voice VLAN ID, and the access mode VLAN for the Fa0/1 interface?
- show interfaces Fa0/1 switchport
- show interfaces trunk
- show mac address-table interface Fa0/1
- show vlan brief
5. What must the network administrator do to remove Fast Ethernet port fa0/1 from VLAN 2 and assign it to VLAN 3?
- Enter the no shutdown command in interface configuration mode to return it to the default configuration and then configure the port for VLAN 3.
- Enter the no vlan 2 and the vlan 3 commands in global configuration mode.
- Enter the switchport access vlan 3 command in interface configuration mode.
- Enter the switchport trunk native vlan 3 command in interface configuration mode.
6. A Cisco Catalyst switch has been added to support the use of multiple VLANs as part of an enterprise network. The network technician finds it necessary to clear all VLAN information from the switch to incorporate a new network design. What should the technician do to accomplish this task?
- Delete the IP address that is assigned to the management VLAN and reboot the switch.
- Delete the startup configuration and the vlan.dat file in the flash memory of the switch and reboot the switch.
- Erase the running configuration and reboot the switch.
- Erase the startup configuration and reboot the switch.
7. Which two characteristics match extended range VLANs? (Choose two.)
- CDP can be used to learn and store these VLANs.
- They are commonly used in small networks.
- They are saved in the running-config file by default.
- VLAN IDs exist between 1006 and 4094.
- VLANs are initialized from flash memory.
8. What happens to switch ports after the VLAN to which they are assigned is deleted?
- The ports are assigned to VLAN1, the default VLAN.
- The ports are disabled.
- The ports are placed in trunk mode.
- The ports stop communicating with the attached devices.
9. A Cisco switch currently allows traffic tagged with VLANs 10 and 20 across trunk port Fa0/5. What is the effect of issuing a switchport trunk allowed vlan 30 command on Fa0/5?
- It allows a native VLAN of 30 to be implemented on Fa0/5.
- It allows only VLAN 30 on Fa0/5.
- It allows VLANs 1 to 30 on Fa0/5.
- It allows VLANs 10, 20, and 30 on Fa0/5.
10. What VLANs are allowed across a trunk when the range of allowed VLANs is set to the default value?
- All VLANs will be allowed across the trunk.
- Only VLAN 1 will be allowed across the trunk.
- Only the native VLAN will be allowed across the trunk.
- The switches will negotiate via VTP which VLANs to allow across the trunk.
11. An administrator has determined that the traffic from a switch that corresponds to a VLAN is not being received on another switch over a trunk link. What could be the problem?
- Allowed VLANs on trunks
- Dynamic desirable mode on one of the trunk links
- Native VLAN mismatch
- Trunk mode mismatch
12. Which two modes does Cisco recommend when configuring a particular switch port? (Choose two.)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.1Q