1. Which power criterion will affect the number of internal drives that are installed in a computer?
- +5VDC output
- +20VDC output
- AC input
- DC output
- power supply voltage
- power supply wattage
2. A customer needs additional storage space on an older computer. What will the technician look at in the computer to determine if an additional hard drive can be added?
- adequate RAM
- an open PCI/PCIe expansion slot
- an available PATA/SATA connection
- BIOS version
- the heat that is generated and air flow requirements
3. Why do laptop computers use CPU throttling techniques?
- to enhance the performance of the CPU
- to reduce the heat that the CPU may generate
- to ensure the CPU is running at its peak speed
- to conserve the battery life by reducing the bus speed between the CPU and RAM
4. Which step is critical in selecting and installing multiple cooling fans for a PC case?
- Make sure they are the same make and model.
- Make sure they run at the same speed.
- Make sure they provide the same amount of air flow.
- Make sure they are mounted in correct air flow directions.*
5. Which statement is true about DDR2 and DDR3 RAM modules?
- They operate at the same voltage.
- They have a different number of contact pins.
- They use different types of DIMM slots on the motherboard.
- They require the same operating frequency on the front side bus.
6. To avoid electromagnetic interference, which type of equipment should a technician route copper network cables away from?
- wireless network devices
- cordless telephones
- microwave ovens
- electric motors
7. Which statement is true about the use of an antistatic wrist strap?
- An antistatic wrist strap should not be used in conjunction with an antistatic mat.
- For optimum grounding, the clip should be attached to a painted section of the computer case.
- The metal part of the wrist strap should not make contact with your skin.
- An antistatic wrist strap should not be worn when repairing a power supply.
8. Which are two potential risks to a mobile device that could result from rooting or jailbreaking the device? (Choose two.)
- A custom OS enables user access to the root directory.
- A custom OS may not properly create or maintain sandboxing features.
- The user interface may be extensively customized.
- The device performance may be improved.
- Some features initially disabled by a carrier may be enabled.
9. A customer is upset and wants to speak to a specific technician to resolve a problem immediately. The requested technician is away from the office for the next hour. What is the best way to handle this call?
- Refer the angry customer to a supervisor.
- Advise the customer that the requested technician is out of the office and insist on trying to resolve the problem.
- Make an offer to help the customer immediately, and advise the customer that otherwise the requested technician will call the customer back within two hours.
- Ignore the request for the specific technician by walking through a step-by-step process with the customer in an attempt to refocus the customer and solve the problem.
10. A customer is angry and calls to complain that the service scheduled on the computer took longer than expected. The technician reviews the work order and notices that the service was performed by a new employee. How should the technician respond?
- Verify that the computer is working properly now.
- Listen to the complaint and then apologize for any inconvenience caused by the lengthy service on the computer.
- Explain that the repair technician sent to perform the service is inexperienced.
- Put the customer on hold until a supervisor is available.
11. What two actions are appropriate for a support desk technician to take when assisting customers? (Choose two.)
- Interrupt customers if they start to solve their own problems.
- Comfort a customer by minimizing the customer problem.
- Let a customer finish talking before asking additional questions.
- If you have to put the customer on hold, ask the customer for permission.
- As soon as you detect customer anger, pass the angry customer to the next level.
12. In which circumstance should a level one technician initiate an escalated work order?
- when a customer appears to be very knowledgeable
- when a customer demands talking to a particular technician
- when a problem requires expertise from another technician
- when the technician cannot understand the problem as explained by the customer
13. Which two interface types make it possible to attach different external components to laptops and desktops without powering the computer off? (Choose two.)
14. Which motherboard feature controls the amount of data that a CPU transfers at one time?
- pin grid array
- front side bus
- MMX instructions
- read-only memory
15. What laptop component converts DC power to AC so that the display can illuminate?
16. A technician needs to configure a Bluetooth headset for a laptop user. Which two steps should the technician take before installing the headset? (Choose two.)
- Remove the battery.
- Disconnect AC power.
- Enable Bluetooth in BIOS Setup.
- Ensure that the antistatic wrist strap is attached to a nonpainted portion of the laptop.
- Ensure that the laptop Bluetooth switch is enabled.
17. Which statement correctly compares the characteristics of coaxial cable with twisted-pair cable?
- The limited bandwidth of coaxial cable makes it better than twisted-pair cable for LAN installations.
- Coaxial cable is less expensive than twisted-pair cable.
- Coaxial cable is physically more difficult to install than UTP cable.
- Because it contains a single copper conductor, coaxial cable is easier to troubleshoot than twisted-pair cable.
18. How is DSL able to carry telephone and data signals at the same time?
- Each signal uses a different frequency.
- Each connection is dialed separately.
- DSL uses low frequency transmissions.
- DSL uses digital signals to carry both the telephone and data traffic.
19. A computer technician performed a number of actions to correct a problem. Some actions did not solve the problem, but eventually a solution was found. What should be documented?
- everything that was done to try to solve the problem
- only the solution, because this solved the problem
- only the failed attempts, so that future technicians will know what not to try
- a description of the problem and solution
20. A user wants to upgrade components in a laptop to improve performance. Which two components can be replaced by the user? (Choose two.)
- LCD display
21. What are two operating systems that are found on mobile devices? (Choose two.)
22. A technician is attempting to create virtual machines on a PC but wants to ensure that the physical system resources used by the virtual machines are directly managed by them and not by the host operating system. How can the technician accomplish this?
- Set up the virtual machines using a native hypervisor.
- Set up the virtual machines using a hosted hypervisor.
- Set up the virtual machines as Windows Virtual PCs
- Limit the amount of paged RAM.
- Disable hyperthreading in the BIOS.
23. Which feature of a mobile device touchscreen will allow a user to zoom in displayed items such as maps and photographs?
- long touch
- double touch
24. A user downloads a widget onto his Android phone but is puzzled to see that when the widget is touched an app is launched. What is a possible cause?
- The user has downloaded a virus.
- The widget is corrupt.
- The security settings of the Android OS have been compromised.
- The widget is associated with the app and this is the normal behavior.
25. A user updates a device driver and reboots the system. When the user successfully logs in after the reboot, the OS displays a blue screen and crashes. The user presses the F8 key on reboot and tries to log in using the Last Known Good Configuration but gets the same result. Why will the Last Known Good Configuration not work?
- The Last Known Good Configuration is overwritten with the current one on successful login.
- The boot.ini file is corrupt.
- The user failed to run chkdsk prior to logging in.
- The user failed to save the CMOS settings on reboot.
26. Which file is used to detect and build information about the hardware devices installed on a Windows XP laptop during the boot process?
27. A technician uses the shrink volume feature of the disk management utility and splits the partition. What must the technician do next in order to make the partition useable?
- Partition the unallocated space.
- Format the existing partition.
- Delete all partitions and reinitialize the disk.
- Covert the unallocated space into a dynamic disk.
28. A technician is troubleshooting a 4-year-old computer that takes a long time to boot, and identifies that the BIOS rediscovers all the hardware at every boot. What action would fix this problem?
- Replace the CMOS battery.
- Launch Device Manager to discover new hardware.
- Reset the BIOS using the CMOS jumper.
- Start the computer with the last known good configuration.
29. A technician is troubleshooting a computer that fails to print. The technician suspects that the printer driver may be outdated, proceeds to download the latest driver, and installs it. The technician attempts to print, but the problem persists. What is the next action that the technician should take?
- Develop a new theory.
- Test the theory.
- Establish a plan of action.
- Identify the problem.
30. A user reports that some printing jobs are not being printed. The technician checks and notices that the jobs are stuck in the printing queue. What action should the technician take to solve the problem?
- Cancel the job that displays the error that is preventing the other jobs from being printed.
- Reinstall the printer driver.
- Unplug the data cable from the printer and plug it in again.
- Plug the printer to a voltage regulator.
31. A technician is troubleshooting a printer that fails to print because of constant paper jams. What should the technician try first?
- Clean the printer.
- Secure printer cables.
- Configure the printer port.
- Check for bent pins on the printer cable.
32. A technician is planning an operating system upgrade for a user system that is currently running Windows Vista. Because the BitLocker feature embedded in the Windows Vista OS is required, there is a request that this feature be available when the new operating system is installed. Which version or versions of Windows 7 would support this feature?
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional and Home Premium
- Windows 7 Ultimate and Professional and Home Premium and Starter
33. What does %USERPROFILE% represent in the pathC:Users%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalTemp?
- the location of the Documents folder of a particular user
- an environment variable that is set by the operating system
- a variable set by the administrator for each user of the system
- a fixed value that represents the level of access of a user to system files
34. A company has a preventive maintenance policy that requires every computer have a new restore point created every six months. How can a technician create the restore point?
- From the CLI enter the command restore /cn.
- Choose Start > Control Panel > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Create a restore point.
- Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore > Create a restore point.
- Right-click My Computer and then choose Properties > Restore > Create Restore Point.
35. A technician is asked to set up one hard drive that will support two operating systems and will store data files in three separate drive locations. Which partition settings will support these requirements?
- 1 primary, 3 active, 1 extended, 2 logical
- 2 logical, 2 active, 3 extended
- 2 primary, 1 active, 1 extended, 3 logical
- 3 primary, 1 active, 2 extended
36. A user believes that a data file on a Windows XP computer has been corrupted. Which utility can provide the best information about the data file?
37. Which two-factor identification method requires a user to use a small radio transmitting device and then enter a password in order for the authentication to be accepted?
- smart key
- biometric reader
- electronic key card
- key fob
38. The corporate security policy states that all remote connections use only secure tunnels for data communications. Which encryption technique secures data traveling across the public Internet as if it were traveling across the corporate LAN?
39. What type of security attack is being launched when a hacker calls a company to obtain computer login information and pretends to be an employee?
- social engineering
40. What best describes the security threat of spoofing?
- making data appear to come from a source that is not the actual source
- sending abnormally large amounts of data to a remote server to prevent user access to the server services
- intercepting traffic between two hosts or inserting false information into traffic between two hosts
- sending bulk email to individuals, lists, or domains with the intention to prevent users from accessing email
41. Which three attributes of NTFS make it a better file system than FAT32? (Choose three.)
- file and folder permission options
- file size per volume of 4.17 million
- large cluster size
- encryption at the file and folder level
- maximum individual file size of 4 GB
42. Which open standards-based wireless security mode supports the highest level of security?
43. After logging into a computer, a user can view files but is unable to download the files. What action can the administrator take to allow the user to download the files while preventing deletion of the files?
- Set the folder permissions to Read.
- Set the file permissions to Modify.
- Set the file permissions to Full Control
- Set the file permissions to Read and Execute.
44. A technician is servicing a laser printer. Which two printer parts should the technician avoid touching because they retain large amounts of voltage even when disconnected from a power source?
- conditioning roller
- toner cartridge
- corona wire
- printer head
- paper tray
45. A wireless LAN is being deployed inside the new one room office that is occupied by the park ranger. The office is located at the highest part of the national park. After network testing is complete, the technicians report that the wireless LAN signal is occasionally affected by some type of interference. What are two possible causes of the signal distortion? (Choose two.)
- the microwave oven
- the large number of trees that surround the office
- the cellular phones that are used by the employees
- the elevated location where the wireless LAN was installed
- the number of wireless devices that are used in the wireless LAN
46. A technician is to document the current configurations of all network devices in a college, including those in off-site buildings. Which protocol would be best to use to securely access the network devices?
47. A computer can access devices on the same network but cannot access devices on other networks. What is the probable cause of this problem?
- The cable is not connected properly to the NIC.
- The computer has an invalid IP address.
- The computer has an incorrect subnet mask.
- The computer has an invalid default gateway address.
48. What is the reason for disabling SSID broadcasting and changing the default SSID on a wireless access point?
- Anyone with the default SSID can gain access to the access point and change the configuration.
- Disabling SSID broadcasting frees up radio frequency bandwidth and increases the data throughput of the access point.
- The access point stops broadcasting its own MAC address, thus preventing unauthorized wireless clients from connecting to the network.
- Wireless clients must then have the SSID manually configured to connect to the wireless network.
49. After confirming the removal of a virus from a computer, how should the technician ensure and verify the full functionality of the system?
- Check for the latest OS patches and updates.
- Document the problem and the procedures performed to solve it.
- Talk with the user to determine the cause of the problem.
- Gather information from a number of sources to clearly identify the problem.
50. Rogue antivirus warning windows have been reported as appearing on computers in a company. The computer systems administrator is drafting a notice to all employees explaining how to deal with this problem. In addition to a description of the problem and the reporting procedure, which two instructions should also be included in the notice? (Choose two.)
- Do not click anywhere in the warning window.
- If the window has to be closed, then press Alt + F4.
- Close the window by clicking the cross in the top right corner.
- Click the Cancel button in the window to close the window.
- Update the antimalware software on the computer.
51. An audit reveals company files that are stored in the personal server space of a former employee have been modified after the employee left the company. What should be done to prevent further unauthorized access to these files, while still allowing the company to use them?
- Disable the account of the former employee.
- Delete the account of the former employee.
- Delete the files from the server.
- Change the account to a Guest account.
52. A technician is explaining the differences between inkjet printers and laser printers to a customer. Which two comparisons should the technician make? (Choose two.)
- Inkjet printers are less expensive as an initial purchase than laser printers.
- A laser printer is significantly slower than an inkjet printer.
- Both laser and inkjet printers produce poor quality images.
- The laser printer output is dry after printing, but an inkjet printer may still have wet ink on the paper after printing.
- Inkjet printers use plain paper to make economical prints, but laser printers require more expensive thermal paper.
53. Which two procedures should be done before performing preventive maintenance on a laptop? (Choose two.)
- Attach any devices that are normally used as part of daily operations.
- Verify that all drivers are current.
- Ensure the BIOS is the latest version.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Remove the battery.
- Ensure the latest operating system updates have been applied.
54. In what circumstance would plenum-rated twisted-pair computer network cabling be required?
- when the required cable run is more than 330 feet in length
- when the cable run must be installed inside a ceiling
- when the cable run connects to the MDF
- when the cabling is installed at a punchdown block in a wiring closet
55. Which three actions should be part of a regular computer preventive maintenance plan? (Choose three.)
- removing dust from fan intakes, the power supply, and peripherals
- installing appropriate security updates
- removing unused or unwanted programs
- changing browser settings
- deleting old email
- installing more RAM in the machine
56. Which feature is characteristic of the ntbackup command?
- It can be executed from a batch file.
- It can be used to restore files.
- It is used to create a copy of the registry.
- It is used to create restore points.
57. What are the four layers in the TCP/IP reference model?
- HTTP, TCP, IP, Ethernet
- TCP, IP, Ethernet, IEEE
- application, transport, internet, network access
- application, presentation, session, transport
- physical, data link, network, transport
58. After the administrator manually configures the correct SSID on a new laptop, the computer is still unable to connect to the wireless LAN. Which additional action should the administrator take to resolve this problem?
- Modify the group account of the user to include all file permissions.
- Reboot the wireless access point.
- Rename the laptop and reset the user password on the network.
- Verify that the MAC address for the laptop is in the MAC address filter table.
59. The current IP configuration of a small company is done manually and is time-consuming. Because of increased network growth, a technician needs a simpler way for IP configuration of workstations. Which service would simplify the workstation IP configuration task?
60. What is a typical task performed by a level one technician in a call center?
- gathering information when a customer calls for help
- solving the problem that might require opening up the computer case
- using remote access software to troubleshoot the customer computer
- picking up an escalated work order and calling the customer for further information
61. Which action can reduce the risk of ESD damage when computer equipment is being worked on?
- working on a grounded antistatic mat
- lowering the humidity level in the work area
- moving cordless phones away from the work area
- keeping the computer plugged into a surge protector
62. What approach should a technician take when receiving a call from a stressed customer?
- Ask the customer to telephone back when the customer is feeling less stressed.
- Ask the customer to hold, and then wait five minutes for the customer to calm down.
- * Try to establish a rapport with the customer.
- Transfer the customer to a level-two technician who will ask the customer to explain the problem again.
63. A call center technician answers a call from a frequent customer who is known to be impatient and lacks experience with computers. The customer has an issue with an application that the call center supports. The customer informs the technician that the problem had been reported before but the original technician was rude, did not listen, and did not fix the problem. If the technician is confident that the problem can be resolved by increasing the amount of memory in the computer, what should the technician do?
- Tell the customer to install 2 GB of DDR3 PC3-10600 RAM.
- Explain that the original technician is no good and the supervisor will be told.
- Suggest that the customer purchase a new computer.
- Confirm the issues and give detailed instructions to solve the problem.
64. A call center technician has asked a customer to perform a simple operation to fix a problem on a computer. The customer seems unable to perform the task. What should the technician do?
- Explain to the customer that it is a simple task and ask the customer to try it again.
- Ask the customer to find someone with more experience to perform the task.
- Tell the customer that another technician will explain the task .
- Determine whether the customer would prefer to receive the instructions in another form, such as emailed, illustrated written instructions.
65. A user has installed a new printer. Which two pieces of information about the printer operation are provided by printing a test page from the computer? (Choose two.)
- confirmation that the color calibration is optimized
- verification of print spool settings
- confirmation that duplex (double-sided) printing is working correctly
- verification that driver software is working correctly
- confirmation that printer and computer are communicating
66. A technician has been asked to reinstall the OS on a computer that has a corrupted operating system. The technician inserts the installation media in the optical drive. What would be the most likely action the technician should perform next?
- Change the boot sequence in the BIOS.
- Change the BIOS password.
- Flash the BIOS for a firmware upgrade.
- Change clock speeds in the BIOS.
67. What is different about the default location for user files in Windows Vista compared to Windows XP?
- The default location for user files in Windows Vista is within a user-specific subfolder in the Users folder.
- The first time a user logs into any version of Windows Vista, the user must select the default folder for user files.
- During the installation process, the installer selects the folder from which subfolders are created for every user to store user-specific documents.
- The default location is in the Documents and Settings folder. From there a subfolder with the user name is created when a user account is made. Then another subfolder called My Documents is created.
68. Which Windows feature enables a technician at company headquarters to view the screen and control the mouse and keyboard of a computer in a branch office?
- System Desktop
- System Tools
- Remote Desktop
69. Which Windows hard drive partition is referred to as the C: drive?
- the first volume partition
- the first primary partition
- the first extended partition
- the first logical partition
70. Refer to the exhibit. Which utility has the IT department started on each computer?
- Computer Management
71. A technician notices that a data floppy disk is in the floppy disk drive of a computer when it is powered on. Which error message could this potentially cause?
- device / service failed to start
- floppy disk corrupted
- invalid system disk
- corrupted driver
72. Engineers are designing a security scheme to allow only authorized persons to access the facilities of a national bank. Which security control measure provides the most secure solution for employee identification?
- card keys
- security guards
- security key fobs
- biometric devices
73. What characterizes a DDoS attack?
- *Many hosts participate in a coordinated attack.
- Infected computers are called daemons.
- It is easy to identify the source of the attack.
- All hosts must be in the same geographic area.
74. What guideline should be followed when establishing a password security policy?
- Passwords should be physically stored in a convenient location.
- Passwords should contain mainly numbers for better encryption.
- The system administrator should assign passwords to the users.
- Lockout policies should be avoided in order to increase user access.
- An expiration period should be established so that passwords frequently change.
75. A technician has been asked to develop a physical topology for a network that provides a high level of redundancy. Which physical topology requires that every node is attached to every other node on the network?
76. A network administrator has finished migrating from a peer-to-peer network to a new client-server network configuration. What are two advantages of the new configuration? (Choose two.)
- The total cost of the new solution is considerably lower.
- Data is more secure in the event of hardware failures.
- Individual users are in control of their own computers and network resources.
- Data resources and access are centrally controlled.
- Personnel costs are lower because a dedicated network administrator is no longer necessary.
77. A student enables file sharing on a laptop so that a friend can access music files. Which type of service is being configured?
78. A computer has been assigned an IP address of 169.254.33.16. What command could be used to force the computer to request an IP address again?
- ipconfig /release
- net computer
79. A student laptop is running slowly, and the student suspects rogue computers are accessing the laptop. Which control panel feature is used in Windows Vista to verify the firewall setting?
- Network and Sharing Center
- Security Center
- System and Maintenance
80. How does MAC address filtering enable wireless network security at the device level?
- Device MAC addresses are encrypted before being transmitted over the network.
- MAC address mutual authentication is enabled between the wireless client and the network.
- Use is made of a lightweight access point architecture to control wireless device network access.
- The unique MAC address of each wireless device is filtered and only authorized addresses are allowed network access.
81. Which protocol adds security to remote connections?
82. What are two network requirements necessary to establish a VPN connection between a remote computer and a private company LAN? (Choose two.)
- low latency network connection
- secure web server
- Internet access
- PSTN access
- VPN client
83. A computer user has a USB 3.0 thumb drive. What USB port or ports could be used to attach the drive to the PC?
- only a directly connected USB 3.0 computer port
- only a USB 3.0 computer port or a port on a USB 3.0 hub
- only a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port on the computer or on a hub
- any USB 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 port
84. A customer needs to purchase a new power supply for a computer. What must be considered when selecting an appropriate power supply?
- The power supply converts DC to AC.
- The power supply has sufficient wattage to support all components inside the computer.
- The power supply provides at least 800 V.
- The power supply must have both a P-8 and P-9 connector.
85. Refer to the exhibit. To what input device would the cables attach?
- keyboard/mouse combo device
- KVM switch
- video distribution center
- sound system
86. Which is the correct procedure to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher after the pin is pulled?
- Aim just above the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim at the base of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim directly at the center of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from side to side.
- Aim at the base of the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from the base to the top of the flame.
- Aim just above the flame, squeeze the lever, and sweep from the top to the base of the flame.
87. Once a technician understands a customer complaint, it is common to ask closed-ended questions. Which question is a close-ended one?
- What happened before the error occurred?
- Is this the first time the error occurred?
- What happened after the error occurred?
- What error messages were displayed when the error occurred?
88. Which two items would be part of a laptop preventive maintenance kit? (Choose two.)
- compressed air
- plastic scribe
- soft cloth
- antistatic wrist strap
- flat-head screwdriver
89. After solving a problem on a computer, a technician checks the event log to ensure that there are no new error messages. At which step of the troubleshooting process is this action taking place?
- Verify the solution and full system functionality.
- Document the findings.
- Establish a theory of probable cause.
- Determine an exact cause.
90. A technician has just installed a new laser printer, but is unable to print a test page. What is the most likely cause for this?
- The installed printer driver is the wrong one.
- The printer memory is not enough to handle the printing job.
- The size of the paper is incorrect.
- The page counter needs to be reset.
91. A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows XP computer. However, the utility is unable to startup automatically whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
- Uninstall the program and then choose Add New Programs in the Add or Remove Programs utility to install the application.
- Use the Add or Remove Programs utility to set program access and defaults.
- Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services.
- Set the application registry key value to one.
92. For security reasons a network administrator needs to ensure that local computers cannot ping each other. Which settings can accomplish this task?
- smartcard settings
- firewall settings
- MAC address settings
- file system settings
93. An administrator receives an email message from what appears to be the company bank. The email asks for account information. The administrator determines the email is not from the bank. What type of security threat has the administrator detected?
94. Which two aspects of a computer can be protected by setting the BIOS password? (Choose two.)
- network address assignment method
- hard drive settings
- operating system login
- operating system booting
- file system management
- firewall settings
95. Which two password control policies should an organization implement to ensure strong passwords? (Choose two.)
- Passwords should be set to expire every 60 days.
- Passwords should contain no more than eight characters.
- Passwords must contain encrypted characters.
- Passwords should contain letters and numbers.
- Passwords should contain only capital letters.
96. Which open standards-based wireless security mode supports the highest level of security?
97. In a networking class, the instructor tells the students to ping the other computers in the classroom from the command prompt. Why do all pings in the class fail?
- A virus is on the classroom computers.
- The computers are on different networks.
- The Windows firewall is blocking the ping.
- Port 25 is blocked and preventing the echo request from being transmitted.
98. A new technician has joined the IT team and is about to service a heavy printer. Which two precautions should be taken to avoid any injury when transporting the heavy printer to the service area? (Choose two.)
- Avoid lifting the equipment using the strength in your back.
- Lift the equipment using the strength in your legs and knees.
- Avoid bending your knees when lifting the printer.
- Bend your back to pick the printer up.
- Avoid lifting the printer close to your body.
99. What can help control the effect of RFI on a wireless LAN?
- Ensure the humidity and temperature levels are set as low as possible.
- Ensure the number of wireless NICs exceeds the number of wireless phones.
- Ensure the wireless network is on a different frequency than the offending source.
- Ensure each wireless NIC is configured to operate at different frequencies from all other wireless NICs.
100. The current IP configuration of a small company is done manually and is time-consuming. Because of increased network growth, a technician needs a simpler way for IP configuration of workstations. Which service would simplify the workstation IP configuration task?
101. What are the four layers in the TCP/IP reference model?
- HTTP, TCP, IP, Ethernet
- TCP, IP, Ethernet, IEEE
- application, transport, internet, network access
- application, presentation, session, transport
- physical, data link, network, transport
102. A newly hired technician is attaching a computer to the network. Upon examining the network configuration, the technician recognizes that the computer is configured with a protocol stack that is used for Internet communication. What protocol stack is installed on the computer?
103. Which memory module used to hold instructions for booting a PC and loading the OS, but is still used on adapters even though the memory contents cannot be changed?
- main memory
104. A technician is upgrading an ATX motherboard with another ATX motherboard. Which component might be affected by this and need to be upgraded and bought as an additional purchase?
- CMOS battery
- PCIe adapter
105. A student wishes to buy a computer suitable for game playing. What CPU speed would be appropriate for game playing?
- 44.1 MHz
- 100 MB/s
- 3 GHz
- 1 TB
106. What are the terms refresh rate, interlace, and aspect ratio related to?
- hard drive efficiency
- audio signal
- scanner output
- image quality of a monitor