0 of 20 questions completed
It is an exam online; you must choose the correct answer to each question. You will pass the exam if you have more than 80 points.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsCompression on a file works by:CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsIn general, for which of the following would you want to use lossless compression?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsLossy compression: (choose three)CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsYou type gzip myfile.tar. What happens? (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 pointsHow would you obtain output similar to the following?compressed uncompressed ratio uncompressed_name 278168 1016950 72.6% tagsCorrectIncorrect
6. Question1 pointsWhich command would you use to archive the Documents directory and compress it with bzip2 compression?CorrectIncorrect
7. Question1 pointsWhich flag would you pass to tar in order to have it make a new archive?CorrectIncorrect
8. Question1 pointsWhich command will show what is inside the compressed tarball with a name of foo.tar.gz?CorrectIncorrect
9. Question1 pointsIn the command tar –cvjf foo.tbz a b c, what are a, b, and c?CorrectIncorrect
10. Question1 pointsGiven the command tar –cvjf homedirs.tbz /home, which of the following are true? (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
11. Question1 pointsYou archived your users’ directories into a file called backup.tar.gz. You then view the archive and see the filenames follow this convention:home/username/somefile How will you extract just the files for the user called fred?CorrectIncorrect
12. Question1 pointsWhich of the following commands will create a zipfile with the contents of your Documents directory?CorrectIncorrect
13. Question1 pointsGiven a file called documents.zip, how can you see what’s in it without extracting the files?CorrectIncorrect
14. Question1 pointsGiven a file called documents.zip, how can you extract just the files under ProjectX?CorrectIncorrect
15. Question1 pointsYou try to compress a file that is already compressed. Which of the following statements is true?CorrectIncorrect
16. Question1 pointsWhich of the following commands can be used to compress a file? (choose three)CorrectIncorrect
17. Question1 pointsThe three main modes of tar are: (choose three)CorrectIncorrect
18. Question1 pointsIn the command tar –czf foo.tar.gz bar, what is the purpose of the f flag?CorrectIncorrect
19. Question1 pointsWhich two commands do the same thing? (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
20. Question1 pointsThe _____ command is normally executed daily to update the database of all files that are on the system.CorrectIncorrect