Is there anything else you need to cover from the ICND1 syllabus? You should have nailed all of your weak areas by now.
You should be able to do the following:
- Recite the entire cram guide
- Configure static routes, NAT, and IP addressing
- Configure basic switch security and VLANs
- Configure DHCP
- Answer VLSM and subnetting questions very quickly
- Understand TCP, OSI, cables, and specifications
- Understand the routing process including OSPF, OSPFv3
- IPv6 addressing and IPv4.
Section 25 Tasks
- Take the exam below
- Review any theory (if required)
- Complete any lab you wish
- Write the ICND1 cram guide from memory
- Spend 15 minutes on the subnetting.org website
Section 25 Exam
- Write out the two ways of configuring console passwords. Write the actual commands.
- Which command will permit only SSH traffic into the VTY lines?
- Which command will encrypt a password with level 7 encryption?
- Name the eight levels of logging available on the router.
- Why would you choose SSH access over Telnet?
- Your three options upon violation of your port security are protect, _______, and _______.
- How would you hard set a port to accept only MAC 0001.c74a.0a01?
- Which command turns off CDP for a particular interface?
- Which command turns off CDP for the entire router or switch?
- Which command adds a password to your VTP domain?
- Which command would permit only VLANs 10 to 20 over your interface?
Section 25 Answers
- password xxx and login local (username and password previously configured).
- The transport input ssh command.
- The service password-encryption command.
- Alerts, critical, debugging, emergencies, errors, informational, notifications, and warnings.
- It offers secure, encrypted traffic.
- Shutdown, restrict.
- With the switchport port-security mac-address 0001.c74a.0a01 command.
- The no cdp enable command.
- The no cdp run command.
- The vtp password xxx command.
- The switchport trunk allowed vlan 10-20 command.