0 of 24 questions completed
It is an exam online; you must choose the correct answer to each question. You will pass the exam if you have more than 80 points.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 24 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Question1 pointsWhat is the standard option to provide a command line program to view its documentation?CorrectIncorrect
2. Question1 pointsThe command man -k is the same as the command apropos. True or False?CorrectIncorrect
3. Question1 pointsThe whatis command is the same as man -w.CorrectIncorrect
4. Question1 pointsThe directory where additional documentation for software packages most likely can be found is:CorrectIncorrect
5. Question1 pointsWhich two pager commands are used by the man command to control movement within the document? (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
6. Question1 pointsCommands typically executed by a user are covered in what section of the manual?CorrectIncorrect
7. Question1 pointsTo search the man page sections for the keyword example, which of the following command lines could you execute? (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
8. Question1 pointsThe statement that describes the difference between a man page and an info page is:CorrectIncorrect
9. Question1 pointsIf you are reading the synopsis of a command from a man page, then items in square brackets are:CorrectIncorrect
10. Question1 pointsThe following sections commonly appear on a man page: (choose three)CorrectIncorrect
11. Question1 pointsSection 5 of the manual pages covers:CorrectIncorrect
12. Question1 pointsTo start searching a man page, the first key you press is:CorrectIncorrect
13. Question1 pointsIn order to exit viewing a man page, pr&ess:CorrectIncorrect
14. Question1 pointsWhich option for the man command should you use if you intend to send the output of the command to a printer?CorrectIncorrect
15. Question1 pointsWhat key should be used while working in the man command if you want to go to the end of the document?CorrectIncorrect
16. Question1 pointsTo get help on using the info command, execute: (choose two)CorrectIncorrect
17. Question1 pointsTo get help while using the info command, press:CorrectIncorrect
18. Question1 pointsTo exit the info page, press:CorrectIncorrect
19. Question1 pointsIn order to search an info page, the first key to press is: (choose one)CorrectIncorrect
20. Question1 pointsTo go to the end of an info page, press:CorrectIncorrect
21. Question1 pointsTo go to the next match of a search on a man page, press:CorrectIncorrect
22. Question1 pointsWhen interpreting the SYNOPSIS of a command found on a man page, the “|” means:CorrectIncorrect
23. Question1 pointsAfter performing a search, you can use the ____ key to return to a previously found match:CorrectIncorrect
24. Question1 pointsTo move a page forward one at a time while viewing a man page, press the following:CorrectIncorrect